Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Buying Scam

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
This sort of email i got today about my Motorbike o_O.. Jesus

GLITRES

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8 6 litre
I had a couple of emails like this when I had my vy for sale.
I just replied saying, "sorry no paypal, cash, direct deposit or funds transfer only"
never heard back form any of them.

Oh yeah, one guy said "is the GOODS still for sale?" that gave it away straight away.

billy bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
My mate had a guy at his work who was dumb enough to get sucked in by it. He had a ford transit van that he had on sale for ages. So when he finally got some interest he got pretty excited. He was told to deposit a $700 agents fee into a paypal account to pay the guy who was coming to pick the van up and the $700 would be added to the price of the van. He did. The money was taken, the account closed and no more emails were received.

bnghardy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 v6 vu ute
the same scammer was trying to get me as well, but I was selling my boat. u know he was using the same lines. be carefull and alert at all times.

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
Cheap car gumtree!!!!!

Don't be fooled with them awsome cheap cars on gumtree
Its all rubbish they always say it at a depo
And they are always overseas for some reson
They tell you to put a deposit on car then car will be delivered to you if you like it pay the rest or if you don't like it i will refund your money
I Always say to them i see the car i buy it but always makes excuse's:blah blah:
Just putting this out there just to warn people i was not hooked into it but other could be:bomb:

BE AWARE !!!!:idea:

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I would say from experience do not use PayPal unless it is through eBay which most of the time is protected by money back guarantee. (for the buyer)