Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car cameras

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
not trolling just trying to understand the need for it
and why someone standing on the side of the road with a camera filming illegal driving is a wanker yet put one in a car and you're a hero
don't they achieve the same end result?
as i said i'm just a bit confused by this

No - you're trolling...

I'm sorry what? Who's ever claimed to be a hero? People are taking out a bit of extra insurance in having in car cameras and data loggers because of morons and you automatically think they're heros? WTF? And the side effect is catching morons who break the law and reporting them? Where is there any negative in any of that?

If someone has the time to waste standing on the road filming people breaking the law I don't care. I certainly wouldn't ever waste my time unless it was causing the area where I live to be unsafe in which case I certainly would. If people are breaking the law then they should be reported. If people aren't breaking the law and are driving responsibly they have nothing to worry about.

What is it you're lacking to understand the basics of all this? It's just plain old common sense.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
not trolling just trying to understand the need for it
and why someone standing on the side of the road with a camera filming illegal driving is a wanker yet put one in a car and you're a hero
don't they achieve the same end result?
as i said i'm just a bit confused by this

because i always see **** flying off the back of cars/trailers at speed at you can't stop to get the rego details, and the fact my camera can record speed & street details so i can dispute allegations of speeding.

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
I have a cheap one from ebay. $80 delivered. it loop records, its 1080hd, auto on/off, nightvision, motion sensor. does everything I need. doesnt
record speed though.
I just cant see all the other features being a benefit to me

Which one did you buy mate? Can you give me a brand or model so I can look on ebay for the same one?
cheers :)

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
I ended up buying a Autocam from onsitecameras.com

Good little camera and i have it in front of my rear vision mirror, can't even see it from my perspective.

Small test i did.

[video=youtube_share;NqXeyxcmMQE]http://youtu.be/NqXeyxcmMQE?hd=1[/video]

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
After 3 near misses in one day I have decided to look at a camera for my work ute., I nearly cleaned up a pedestrian that ran out infront of my work ute today if I had of nailed them with my bullbar they would have been scraped off it.

Anyone come across these?

Digital Couture 365: [ BlackBox ] NEOROAD DAS-3000HD OTOSAVER Car Camera Full HD 1920x1080 GPS Black Box Vehicle Digital Video Recorder DVR - Korea made

I have seen one in the flesh and it looks impressive, I have an opportunity to get one quite cheap sub $200 fully loaded with GPS memory card the lot

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Motorcyclists caught 'street racing' - Cowan

Sunday, 17 June 2012 06:46:09 AM

Police have charged two motorcyclists and will confiscate their bikes after being allegedly caught ‘street racing’ north of Sydney yesterday afternoon.

About 3.45pm (Saturday 16 June), highway patrol officers from Kuring-gai Local Area Command spotted the motorcycles travelling south on the Pacific Highway near Cowan at 140kph in an 80kph zone.

The motorcycles were travelling side-by-side in what police will allege was a form of ‘street race’.

Police stopped both bikes and spoke with the two drivers, men aged 49 and 47.

Officers also seized a video camera which was found fitted and recording on one of the bikes.

A subsequent viewing of that vision showed the bikes travelling for more than two kilometres along winding roads at an average speed of 128kph.

Police arrested both drivers and charged them with street racing, dangerous driving and exceeding the speed limit by more than 45 kph.

Their licences have also been suspended and police will issue a notice to confiscate both bikes.

The pair is due to appear at Hornsby Local Court on July 11.

Traffic and Highway Patrol Command’s Operations Manager, Superintendent Stuart Smith said the supposed ‘mature’ age of the two men involved was a major concern for police.

“This type of idiotic behaviour is normally the domain of the young, so it is extremely worrying to see people with years of driving experience act in this manner.

“While they felt the right to use the road as a playground, their actions placed their own lives and those of every other motorist at grave risk.”

Stevothedevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II MY12 SSV Redline
Good pick up Brock4ever.
It looks to be very similar to the "Blackvue DR400G HD" except for the SD card size. You've got me interested now.
Don't forget to give us your appraisal of its ease of use and performance.
Cheers