Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Club President charged

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Comparing the police with nazis yeh good on ya lol

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
So they are charging him because he created a cruise and other people that may not have been him, may have broken the road rules. Seems like a fair and just charge, well done SAPOL... sigh.

While sure he may seem like a twat, but there charging him for being... effectively what I am to the Vic section. They are charging him because he organised the cruise and someone he may or may not know did something stupid. God help any club out there if they continue to use this silly law. Theyre charging him on what appears to be nothing but word of mouth...good to see heresay is now a widely accept form of evidence.

Its just another reason to go and buy a white camry.

This whole "hoon" issue reminds me of Salem. HOON HOON! The mothers cry.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Am i the only person that read this???

"He was also photographed
participating in a "breakaway"
group of the cruise where
drivers took turns doing
burnouts and "circle work" in a
100km/h zone"

That my friends is evidence right there.. Seems like that guy was a tossa setting a bad example, and unfortunetly as the president of the club he does take on some responsibility for memebers actions

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Am i the only person that read this???

"He was also photographed
participating in a "breakaway"
group of the cruise where
drivers took turns doing
burnouts and "circle work" in a
100km/h zone"

That my friends is evidence right there.. Seems like that guy was a tossa setting a bad example, and unfortunetly as the president of the club he does take on some responsibility for memebers actions

Thats not the argument here. If he did something wrong, then charge him. The problem is charging him because he organised an event

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Yeah that happens to mate.. Where i am in QLD we where organising a australia day bbq at the local marina (a public bbq an byo area).. After about 400 of us where all set for the day (just mates an mates of mates) the cops and local council threatend legal action

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
Thats not the argument here. If he did something wrong, then charge him. The problem is charging him because he organised an event
it seems obvious that he organised it for the purpose of getting together with other hoons for some hooning. i'm not a lawyer but i have a feeling that organising an event entails some responsibility for its being run in a legal manner. obviously he can't help it if some people turn up and start behaving badly, but if it can be shown that he could reasonably have expected or encouraged that to happen, i'm guessing he may be up against it in court.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
it seems obvious that he organised it for the purpose of getting together with other hoons for some hooning.

You would have a hard time proving that. Most car clubs are not dumb enough to start a cruise without the usual "no burnouts or illegal behaviour" yet it happens at 99% of those kinds of cruises.
i'm not a lawyer but i have a feeling that organising an event entails some responsibility for its being run in a legal manner.

It really depends. You can hardly call cars sitting in a car park an event. Some might call a cruise an event, others will call it traffic. Once again, it would be hard to prove that it is an event that requires duty of care, or any level of responsibility. If that were the case, any time I ask a few people to go meet me at some location, I would have to be responsible for them not doing anything stupid. Its a stupid law with way too many loopholes.