Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car conked OUT!!!

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
:bang:

my sisters vn wagon was all good this morn, driving along and it conked out. it starts and idles, but soon as u give it some gas, it dies?

anyone got some advice?

cheers,

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
i had the same problem with my old vn but u were able to drive it, but after bout 5-10min if u gave it more than almost 1/4 throttle she would stall.

Mech said it was the crank angle sensor, so i ot that changed but it didnt fix the problem.

In the end it was the fuel pump that was gone, she would loose pressure after being on for a bit, mech said he was doubtfull it would work but it did n neva had a problem since.

Try pour water on the crank sensor n see if that will let her run.

PS my fuel pump was very loud n the tone changed all the time, sumtimes u could just hear it, other times it would humm different notes.

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
no just petrol, got around to lookin at it. and it turned out to be a fuel pump. kind of disappointing when it was only replaced a few months ago.

V8 Berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina V8 / Toyota Hiace
Yeah thats not good. Must be some contaminaton in the fuel tank. Got any warranty on the pump??