Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car jolts in reverse..

Lenny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Equipe Series II
My car is on LPG, which by-passes the fuel injectors, so when i run it on petrol it does the same thing you are describing. Before going and doing anything expensive, try pouring a bottle of injector cleaner into your fuel tank. Worked a treat for me.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
My car has the same problem, but one day i tried to put it in reverse and i simply just did not go in?... i had to push my car out of the driveway and then drive away...i had the whole not reversing thing for about a week until i tried to put it back into reverse one last time, it was a no go... i got pissed off and put my foot on the accelerator, and then at about 4000rpm and for some strange reason the reverse kicked back in, **** it scared me the wheels starting spining and i almost went into a tree...

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
yeah that's dangerous man would of scared the **** out of anyone i reckon did you get it fixed

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
yeh thats my issue a few revs will work but when ur tryna reverse into a tight spot it can be pretty dangerous, i think ill try the cleaner out.. cant harm, where u get it from? did you fix the problem kinkbike_rider?

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Blakie said:
yeh thats my issue a few revs will work but when ur tryna reverse into a tight spot it can be pretty dangerous, i think ill try the cleaner out.. cant harm, where u get it from? did you fix the problem kinkbike_rider?

It permanetly fixed it (i guess) i got it checked out by two differnt mechanics and they both said there was absolutly nothing wrong with my gearbox?

weird i know, but i cant fix a problem that "apparently" dosent exist.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
whenever i put my VS in reverse i wait a second for it to jolt into gear then start going...it seems pretty consistant with mine, like there's nothing wrong.