Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Mp3

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Has anybody in here setup a car Mp3 player or maybe a mp3 stacker unit? With mass music storage becomming more popular these days it would seem a logical progression from CD's. Especially for those who go on long trips. Having hundreds of CD's at your fingertips would sure be sweet.

Does anybody in here know if any places in australia who sells Mp3 stacker units? I've found this thing called MPZOO

http://www.mpzoo.com.au/support.htm

This works on a removable hard drive type setup. This would be easier to upgrade with more storage for music etc..

I had a go at setting up a small pc with an FM modulator to play mp3's with but I scrapped this idea because the 240V invertor I bought didn't supply enough amps to run the pc.. especially when the car was turned off.

Anybody else have ideas or advice on these?

R

Robbie

i had a mate do the same thing.. it worked but it was a bit shonky.

Pioneer do sell a unit with a hard drive in it...

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
oo realy.. I might have to check that out. thanks

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
PS: If you got a URL for that Unit your talking about please post it.

R

Robbie

It was in the last Pioneer series I think.. I'll see what I can find for you

R

Robbie

oooh.. Maybe you don't wanna see it...

http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car_entertain...0hdd/index.html

rrp = $4999

Don't shoot the messenger

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holy ****.. that's a lot of cds for 3 grand.. lol.. You could get a 40 gig ipod and input it into a head unit for less than a grand.

R

Rajah

Why would you want a MP3 stacker in your car?? With the amount you can put on one disc, a stacker wouldn't be worth getting. You'd get about 130-150 songs on a 700MB disc, averaging about 5MB per song, but if you have a DVD burner like I do, you could put over 900 MP3's on a 4.7GB disc. You can buy head untis that are MP3 compatable. You should try JB Hi-Fi or Strathfield. I'm sure they'd be able to help you out.
There are some new cars that have MP3 players as standard.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
if i had the money i would buy that MP3 deck with hard drive. that way i could store all 6000 of my mp3s on it. It would need some sort of search function though as it would suck if you were trying to find a particual song. I have been thinking seriously about getting an mp3 deck and getting rid of my stacker. mainly because the deck i have now only has one amp out and i need 2 so i can have an amp for the sub and am amp for the splits!