Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Service Station - Recommendations

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
I would like to take on board recommendations from you experienced members.
Do's and Don't on the topic.

I'am based in Melbourne inner- western suburb, my VE Berlina is due for its 150,000 major service, what I understand so far is I require a transmission service , I would also like the brake pads to be replaced as I'am hearing a bit of squeaking sometimes when I slow stop.
What else apart from the usual do I need to chat with the service mechanic.

I'am very suspicious of what the charging structure is for this particular service, so if someone could provide me some high level estimates on what I would be looking at paying, that would be nice.
I'am keen not to get my car serviced at a Holden dealership, simply because they are very in-flexible with appointments and don't have much availability most of the time.They usually are also very high priced, does not justify when my car is not worth over $15,000 by market value.

So if you know of any franchise or private repair shop that doesn't charge an arm and leg and yet are genuine with their work, please recommend them.

Carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crewman VYII SS
You could do the brake pads yourself to save some money. It's really easy, and there are guides on the forum.
I had once been quoted 400$ to change all four pads. #### that.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I think i paid $550 ish for that service including oil and filter, air filter, trans service and from memory clean throttle body ? There's a whole thread on service costs in the VE section you can read about. That was from a decent local garage. Also check with them what fluid they plan to use before they do it... as VE are recommened to use Dexron 6 and only a few mechanics have this, although some now use quality dexron 3's which meet dex6 specs.

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
I think i paid $550 ish for that service including oil and filter, air filter, trans service and from memory clean throttle body ? There's a whole thread on service costs in the VE section you can read about. That was from a decent local garage. Also check with them what fluid they plan to use before they do it... as VE are recommened to use Dexron 6 and only a few mechanics have this, although some now use quality dexron 3's which meet dex6 specs.

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely check with the service repair centre on the oil.

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
Seems like they are charging over the roof, can you believe it over $200.00 just for replacing the brake pads.......

Atwater

Reaction score
Members Ride
SEO
Hi all
After 2 3 week we want to car wash and mirror its good for car.Waterless car washing agents are mostly a combination of cleaning agents and special lubricants which clean by surrounding and lifting dirt particles. This means that you can rub the exterior without worrying about scratches.