Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car stalls when put into gear

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
as the title says, i turn it on it idles very low . then put it into drive and she stalls.only way to get it into drive is to put 1 foot on break 1 foot on accelerator and give it a bit of revs and put it into drive it makes a clunk noise then just drive like normal. then when you go to park the car when you put it in park it stalls the engine. i cant figure this out.
also is there another way to reset the computer becides pulling the negitave terminal off the batter? the bolt is ceased on and i can get the terminal off.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yep, clean out the throttle body and IAC valve. It will help a lot.

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
how is it held in? phillips or torx?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I have the same problem, I cleaned the TB & Plenum, Replaced IAC & TPS still no go...

Still stalled and idles real low & lumpy, reset ECU everything...

Ever since gas blewback the other day.

Cheers
MaT

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
1) To get to the IAC you'd have to remove the throttle body assembly. Then you can either get the IAC itself off with a torx, or a small allen key. Give it and the TB a good hosedown with some throttle body (carbon) cleaner, then shove it all back together.

2) pull the engine fuse for a minute, put it back in, start her up, and hold her to 3000rpm for 30 seconds. Shut her off, turn it on again, and see if there's any improvement. :) Take any diagnosis from there.

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
could someone please answer my question? is it the IAC held in with phillips or torx? i need to know because the only day i get off work is sunday and the shops arnt open so if i pull the throttle body off and find its held in with torx im screwed. and could someone tell me what size it is if it is torx.

nolim8ts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS S1
I think you have the same problem that I did a while back. Mine idled at around 550 and when put into any gear, the revs would either drop so low to the point that even with the accelerator pedal flat to the floor it could only reach max 50K/H or just stall. It turned out to be the DFI module beneath the coil pack. Person who brought the car brought the whole unit over, fitted it and away it went. I now have a spare CAS, MAP and coil pack which I brought of ebay for $40