Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Tracking and Theft

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
Can't remember the brand of mine either but in my (M21 manual) VH, I have a bright yellow thing with a tube at one end, which slides over the handbrake, and a pivoting lever on the other end that wraps around the gear stick and locks back onto itself. Prevents releasing the handbrake and locks the gearbox in first gear.

Same device also works on my automatic VQ Caprice, and is in fact, probably the only reason I still have it (was also dead-locked but the oxygen thieves smashed the driver's window and climbed in).

In my (M40 auto) VH SL/E I just use a decent sized padlock above the shifter's pull-up detent release, which prevents being able to move the shifter out of "Park".

I also have a couple of steering wheel locks as above, I don't think they're "Club" brand but the same kinda thing.

Obviously, nothing will 100% stop your car being stolen if the thief has unrestricted access and time, so the best you can do is make them think it's not worth it and just 'key' your car instead.

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
I was thinking more of deforming the actual steering wheel but I'm not sure that someone would bother, hopefully they'd just move on. I saw Supercheap have the club style branded as SCA.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Kill switch plus dog. She certainly is a deterrent.

When my wife had our previously owned vz r8 broken in to while a work the cop that came around to our place said they wouldn't be able to start it without the key. I assume he knew what he was talking about.

On the flip side I would get more through the insurance on the ve than I would if I sold it. With the vh it would come close.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
I have been using a 'Prolock' steering lock for a few years on the CV8, and consider it a deterrent rather than prevention.

Video ..........
............. check out how the angle grinder is being used. What could possibly go wrong ? o_O
slow them down .. ? and have them make also lots of noise?
great deterrent when used with other measures