Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jack of all trades

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
do all the usual un lock door but no engine w light because engine fan fuse blows every time you turn the key unless you pull out the efi relay
im geting 12 pos on one side and 12- on the other side of the engine fan 30a fuse

jack of all trades

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
as for the door locks thats were i thort it started because doors were doing somthing different every push of the button there all disconected now exept for pass rear it seems to be the only one doing what its told

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
if a fuse blows every time you turn the key on then that circuit is shorted to ground severely....

unplug ecm take BOTH battery terminals off then see if there is a circuit from the fuse (toward the fans side of circuit)
to any ground in the engine bay area (like the disconnected negatve terminal) with a multimeter on setting OHMS a $10 one from supercheap etc will be fine for this test...

if there is any circuit there its pinched or rubbed or cruched onto the body somewhere

you will need to fix this short circuit before chasing anything else

if engine light isnt on on ignition on it means the ecm is not powering up and so no spark and immobilised etc etc list goes on, so fix this first....

jack of all trades

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
disconected coil pack engine light came back put a coil pack from vn on there just to check and fuel pump works got spark again now just to get new one tommoro

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
dude wtf... fan fuse blows replace coil pack or dfi module? new one to mee when you fix it post what your faults were and exactly what you did along the way to fix it just so we can learn from what appears to be crazyness...:hiding:

jack of all trades

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
replaced coil pack and dfi module and all good again
but now when i unlock car and try to start no go have to lock and unlock doors again before car starts will this become a problem in the future? watch this space to find out

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
right that is a little crazy for a no strating/cranking fault

like you had a failed dfi and an immobiliser issue with the key and or drivers door lock...strange but possible

jack of all trades

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
got new coil pack and dfi and all is good again exept if i want to start the car a second time i have to lock and unlock doors again

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
got new coil pack and dfi and all is good again exept if i want to start the car a second time i have to lock and unlock doors again

If you have to lock then unlock the doors with the remote to start it, then that simply means you key head is not making contact with the metal ring... I am getting the impression that you removed it