Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CarPC Questions

ETH4N

Project VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commo
Hey guys, i have a 95 VS Vacationer and interested in putting in a car pc, i have seen other cars with 17" touchscreen lcd's...etc mounted from the glove box, and wondering if anyone has done this?, any info would help, and also, other options for screens, as it only has a single din stock...

Also, Centrafuse is what i will be running, wondering if there is any plug i can use to read temp levels, car monitoring info, from the car to a USB plug or something????

deathsgt60

Reaction score
Members Ride
soon to be vy SS ute
hey mate ive recently been researching this myself. ive found out that it will cost you around 4-500 for the pc its self, and around 400 for a decent touch screen. plus the software ect. so it is costly unless you have spare pc parts laying around.

the centrafuse website has forums i think, and it shows peoples builds and all the parts they used, i think you should hit them up for it, as a minority of people have ever installed them.

ETH4N

Project VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commo
Yeah, will probabily use a eeePC (as i have one laying around), and will run the VGA from that to the screen, and audio through a headunit possibly.

ill have a look for some forums for centrafuse