Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Castor Rod bushes for VZ lumina

Village

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina 2004
Hey.

I was quoted around $700 to replace the castor rod bushes on my VZ lumina as they were split by my local Holden dealer.
Is this a fair price or can i get it cheaper.
Live in Melbourne.

Thanks...

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Hey.

I was quoted around $700 to replace the castor rod bushes on my VZ lumina as they were split by my local Holden dealer.
Is this a fair price or can i get it cheaper.
Live in Melbourne.

Thanks...

If it's a dealer then expect to pay through the nose their hourly rates are really high. My advice find a good local mechanic and get him to fit genuine ones, you don't really need nolathane unless you want to improve handling and then you probably should do the lot in one go so if your just wanting to do those get standard ones they are just fine. The ones in my car are original and still OK at 140,000km.
If you can buy them trade get them first otherwise let the mechanic get them however I would ask for genuine parts unless the alternatives are the same.

ShadowMyst86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
I got my castors done on my VZ last week - SuperPro kit, installation and full wheel alignment for $350 from my mechanic. Made a fantastic difference too.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Yeah i got full nolathane bushes done on my car and it made an awesome difference to the handling. I think it cost me about $400 inc installation at Jax. Screw Holden they are a rip off and they don't even know what they are doing half the time.

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
mate, when i worked at holden, im pretty sure for a vz they were only like 176 bux or something for the bushes(pretty expensive for what they are really, they are oil filled though)...they were genuines too mate..and seriously, you can do them urself, if you can jack the front of ur car up...all you need is a 24 mm i think..and a 13mm socket(maybe a breaker bar, pry bar or crow bar)...13mm nuts on all 4 corners whihc are pretty easy to get off, might be rusted, but just some penetrating lube...as for the 24, this may require a breaker bar...these are usualy done up quick tight..anyways, its just a swap..take the old ones off, slide the new ones on and bob's ur uncle..you may need to use a pry or crow bar to get them off koz they can be a bit of a dick sometimes....i wouldn't be paying anything over 400 bux..depending on what type you use:)