Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Catch Can Installation

Gothem92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey all,

I've done a search on catch cans and installing them but i still can't figure it out. I want to install a vented catch can on a VZ SV6 and have it hiden from sight. Can anyone show me photos of which hoses to connect up and what not and a good hiding location.

Or do you reccommend a non vented one?

Cheers
Chris

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
They usually come with instructions on how to install it, from what ive been told
Btw, aren't catch cans only necessary on turbo/S'charged cars! There's no point in fitting one to a NA car, that excess Oil gets burnt off anyway.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
They usually come with instructions on how to install it, from what ive been told
Btw, aren't catch cans only necessary on turbo/S'charged cars! There's no point in fitting one to a NA car, that excess Oil gets burnt off anyway.

still gets pretty oily in there, id rather an oil free intake pipe.

as for installation, connect the pipe that goes into the intake pipe to the catch can, then from the catch can to the intake pipe, but you will have to block off the brether filter, just use a bolt or something, because you dont want the air to be drawn through that filter because it is after the maf, and if the catch can is hidden, no point putting the brether on, but if it is visable, just put on the breather filter for looks, and attach it to the bolt

Gothem92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Cheers for the reply mate, yeah i cleaned mine 3 weeks ago and it was pretty ####ing oily haha.

arn't breathers illegal tho? thus i wanted to hide it? suppose you do have a point they are for mostly looks. haha.

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5
Without searching, what options in terms of brands are there for the Holden ecotec and alloytec v6? Are all these catch cans pretty much universal?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
pretty sure a catch can is a catch can. just bolt it on, and connect it up

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5
Sweet as so basically something off eBay that looks "quality" will get the job done?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
should do, ive seen people make them and they work

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5