Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CD Mechanical Error

Marlon1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe S2
Hey just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before in the stock Blaupunkt players?

Im guessing the laser scanner has cacked it and im probs going to have to buy a new one. Basically you try to load the CD's and you get that Mechanical Error, sucks as well as now i can't eject my CD's. And to make it worse it was a Phreddy dash :(

Any ideas guys, any fixes or just rip it out and buy a new player?

BT91WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Its quite a common issue, ive got the same problem in my 6 stacker,
ive been told that the only thing to do is get a new one.
They are i think 300 off holmart.com.au, but id like to know if anyone knows of a fix aswell ;D

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
A friend pulled his apart and found some of the mechanism was slightly bent, he straightened them and it is working fine now. Check the ones from Holmart as one colour has controls for the antenna height which won't work in a base model and I think you need to get the BCM replaced or reprogrammed so these buttons will work.

Marlon1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe S2
I have a feeling your right about the bending. Would explain a bit. I noticed when you add cd's into the car sometimes they sound like they haven't gone in properly. That's what i noticed before it let go a couple of days ago. I wish i was game enough to pull apart the CD player but after watching Phreddy do it when he changed the pins im a little paranoid about breaking something, especially in the player itself. It's a shame they die the players but then again after the pounding they go through whilst driving they do withstand a fair bit of punishment.

Harrison

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VYII 3.8L A4
read a similar problem on here once i think the solution was disconnect the negative batt terminal for 10 mins then hit it back on, or there was another way to eject the cd's .... try the battery terminal thing and so some searches..

i could be completely wrong but youve got nothing to lose and my memory is normally pretty reliable!

Marlon1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe S2
Gave the battery idea a go today. Disconnected the terminal for actually like an hour as i forgot about it lol. Unfortunately that idea didn't work. Also tried pulling out the fuse. Really am tempted to try that idea of pulling it apart but just don't want to run that risk of that cracking noise. Like the time i accidentally cracked my speaker cover on the rear doors i got so angry i kicked the rest in lol. Might be worst with a CD player. If anyone has a 6 stacker with the FR and FF buttons integrated onto it i'll be very interested to buy it if i can't get this problem fixed. I don't really want to re-map my BCM with the antenna thing as i have the FR and FF version.