Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central locking issues

SuperJIVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VE SV6
Hey all, have a 2011 ve sv6 s2 wagon with central locking issues. Locking or unlocking car from key will arm or disarm alarm but will not lock any doors.
Doors can be locked and unlocked as normal from key in door though. No sound can be heard from any locks when the buttons are pressed but the hazards flash and If you open a door the alarm goes off if car is “locked”. Anyone had this happen before or know where to start looking?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Try a master reset, disconnect the battery for 30 minutes.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Wouldn’t that be the drivers door actuator failing?

SuperJIVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VE SV6
Ok so this was ages ago but car hasn’t had power till now for me to test stuff. So I’ve replaced drivers door lock actuator with a known good one and that didn’t fix it. Doors still don’t lock unless you manually lock them with key, rears can’t be locked. Tested connecter on drivers door lock actuator and all pins except for the black ground and 2 other have voltage(couldn’t get power to show up on these 2 other wires, tried testing while pressing key but nothing). Have tested fuse in engine bay that says “LCK” and was fine. Also tried swapping around all the relays in the kick panel that said lock on them, no fix either. Not sure where to go from here

SuperJIVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VE SV6
Have now replaced drivers door harness as a repair for a seperate issue and have also replaced all 3 lock relays in kick panel fuse box and still nothing on doors. Weirdly the boot locks when you press the lock button but no noise or movement at all from any door lock. Next step would be bcm possibly? Is there a relay in the bcm related to door locks? Desperate to get these locks working without taking it to an auto elec

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
When you replaced the drivers door lock actuator, was the part number compatible for your cars VIN?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What happens if you press the door lock button on the console ?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
May be the remote failing needing new battery
or new remote.
Do you have another remote you can try.
The little things are worth a try first.

Also if you are doing this near auto shop doors or even auto doors with remote openers this can also cause problems however this would be last of the things I would look at

SuperJIVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VE SV6
Just wanna say tysm for responses, that was helpful as. Part numbers on actuators are different. New actuator is out of 2012.5 VE so has vf driveline, looks like they also upgraded actuators or previous owner installed older one. Pressing lock button on console or pressing button on keys will actually cycle relays now, I can hear them click while in the car but no doors make noise at all still. Key seems to be ok, the pads fkd up but it still locks boot and causes headlights to come on when you press unlock. Car is parked under 2 long range auto garage doors but locks don’t work anywhere, even outside the garage