Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central Locking won't lock (VR Calais)

KLatham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl Commodore
As the thread title says, my central locking won't lock. It locks, then pops back up straight away. Sometimes it just keeps going, unlocking, then locking and then unlocking again and over and over. I've tried using the key in the door too, but that doesn't work either.

Any help is much appreciated :)

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
is it doing this on all doors? or do 3 doors lock and just 1 keeps popping up?

KLatham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl Commodore
Sometimes only the drivers door stays locked, but mostly all doors are popping up and down

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
so you either have 3 faulty solenoids or a faulty BMC, i had a similar problem with 2 doors on my car when i bought it, one would just pop up as soon as i locked it and the other would not lock or unlock at all, i changed the solenoids in each door and its as good as new.
You could try replacing your lock solenoids (cost me $52 for each one when i bought them, i have 3 spare ones in the garage now :) ) but it may be a problem with your bmc if all doors are doing it.

customvlcommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VL commodore(sold regretfully) + VR project
had and still have this pproblem but its only the drivers door i makes them all pop back up so just lock the driverrs door and then button and the rest lock CBF fixing it haha

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
had and still have this pproblem but its only the drivers door i makes them all pop back up so just lock the driverrs door and then button and the rest lock CBF fixing it haha

new solenoid would almost defo fix this mate :)