Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

central locking

nudge701

Reaction score
Members Ride
89' VN Calais. 99' vs statsman sIII
hey guys i have a trackpro central locking kit its all conected but i dont have the flashing indicators when i lock the car the wire that does that needs 2 b conected but i have no idea how or were that cable is spose 2 go the instructions dont say how anybody done this b4??

cheers

dylanstone

tsu tsu tsu tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L 1997 VT executive
does anyone else have the problem in a VT where it only unlocks "sometimes"?, where you have to re press the lock and unlock button 4-5 times

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
does anyone else have the problem in a VT where it only unlocks "sometimes"?, where you have to re press the lock and unlock button 4-5 times
Search for my post on this, I don't want to type it all again.

As above, door trims off (remove plugs covering screws in arm rest, screw under door handle, pop out lock inner orange bit, pop trim loose from bottom and once clippy things are loose push whole trim up out of window channel) and cut inner plastic shield over lock area on 3 sides, (big enough to get your hand in) peel it back undo 3 star drive screws from end of door (allen key works ok) unplug solenoidy thing, unclip linkage, remove lock assembly and clean all linkages and moving parts. Solenoidy thing attaches with a couple of screws, clean plug and connector with metho if they're dirty, plug solenoid in before reassembly and test. Sometimes this works real well, sometimes the solenoid man is tired and it's time for a trip to the wreckers. Unfortunately you may not be able to say which before it's been tested for a few weeks.... After a bit of practice it doesn't take more than 15-20 minutes per door. First door probably more like an hour. take the opportunity to clean window bottom where you can't usually reach and vac fuzzy trim edge that sits against window. Getting trims back on, push into window channel first, leave trim tilted out while you get clippy men lined up and start pushing in from top and line up lower down as you go. You'll have to lie on the ground looking up into the gap to line up the clips. have fun!

Last edited:

dylanstone

tsu tsu tsu tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L 1997 VT executive
thanks heaps, it only happens occasionally, i think ill just live with it :) looks like a big job :(

nudge701

Reaction score
Members Ride
89' VN Calais. 99' vs statsman sIII
that has nufin 2 do with wat im trying 2 get help with y do people start a diff subject in some1 elses post?!?!?

anyway how do i conect up the flashing indicator lights wen i open or unlock the car??

Lost_Pete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
The aftermarket alarm I fitted needed the indicators to be wired into a relay output on the alarm unit.

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
couldnt u just find the hazard light fuse and wire to that -- fuse - wire something like that - that should make all lights pulse

dylanstone

tsu tsu tsu tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L 1997 VT executive
that has nufin 2 do with wat im trying 2 get help with y do people start a diff subject in some1 elses post?!?!?

anyway how do i conect up the flashing indicator lights wen i open or unlock the car??
sorry bout that, my bad :s