Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Centre console alignment

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Hey all, fixed up my shift boot today (pulled off the clips and was hanging loose) But this part of the passenger side console wouldn't align… I got it a little closer and screwed it all back, any tips in when I get the courage and composure back to go and try and line it up better? I tried gentle, I tried a few taps and light hits… Won't slot in to those weird diamond shape clip things… any tips?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 185

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Guess it goes (without saying) that you haven't aligned the clips. Pull it apart and try again. Good luck.

Drewzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore 07
I could be wrong as it was about a year ago that i disassembled those panels but..
there is a specific sequence those panels come apart. The passenger quarter panel visible left of frame should be screwed off to be able to have that panel clipped.
What I recall is that quarter panel having to be placed over that panel and secured in place "pinning" that part of the trim under the panel.

As I said, a time long ago before having a newborn so memory is not that reliable. Hope this helps?

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Thanks Benboy, thanks Drewzer, must be a sequence, i think i ended up so confused and damn frustrasted I just put it all back together, I'll give it another crack soon when I paint them :)

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Thanks everyone, followed exec24's guide 100% and it lined up perfectly :)