Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Certificate 1 in Automotive - details please

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
they say that but i didnt get it because the codes didnt match or something

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Me and my little bro done that course at high school. We seemed to know more then the teacher tho, so it was pointless. Was a bit of fun tho. We went through just the basics of everything really. If ya don't know much about cars and how they work, well you'll prolly learn sumfin (as long as u don't have a dumb **** as a teacher like we did), but if u know how to pull everything down and put it back together then ya prolly won't learn much at all. It got that boring for us that we ended up wagging lessons just because the teacher was useless and didn't know wat he was doing. No one in our class got their certificate....and a few people who done the course the year b4 told us that no one had got their certificate either. I think it's all to do with the teacher tho coz he didn't know wat he was doing. The only benefits by going to it was it was a bludge, and me and my bro got to work on our cars during school hours. :thumbsup:

(CODEZ)

formerly cody_vp92
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6
haha, well hopefully i get a decent teacher lol otherwise i wont pay the fees and stop rocking up to class lol :p

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
When I did my Cert 1 in automotive engineering. I got my 1st year of TAFE taken off when i started my apprenticeship. Saved me some money and I got the job in the first place because of the initiative shown obtaining that bit of paper. It doesn't matter how much you know or think you know there will always be something to be learnt, no matter how small or big the knowledge/skill might be.

groberr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr equipe
yeah my mate did this while at high school and i think he got like 5 or sumthing tafe modules done wich meens wen u get your apprenticship you will not have to do those modules again. he also said that half the time him and the other blokes were teaching the teacher half the time lol. allways good to learn tho plus you get 1 day off school! if ur still at it

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
the more i think about it, when i started my apprenticeship i got recognition of prior learning for hand tools, basic fabrication, environmental, oh+s and a few other things. so didn't have to pay for a couple of subjects, did them again anyway, cause more in depth for cert. 3

(CODEZ)

formerly cody_vp92
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6
thanks for all the info everyone, i reckon i will do it :)

doing work experience now at a local mechanic and liking it so it will be worthwhile for when i get an apprenticeship :thumbsup:

cheers

sv3800#055

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SV3800
yeah i did the cert 1, knocked 6 months off my apprenticeship, they call it a pre vocational course. im qualified now ( you complete cert 3 when your apprenticeship ends) and now that makes me eligible for ANY cert 3 or 4 course i wanna do at tafe. im currently enrolling in cert 4 in computer networking, i know where i wanna be in the next 5 years and it aint a mechanic anymore

Andrew