Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

changed everything! 304 still missing...

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
Yeah id love the plug that plugs into it lol.
Changed TB, iac and tps. Reset iac. Also pushed my dizzy plug in tight...
Idle still wants to go down to 500 almost stall then pick itself up to 1500 again.
Stupid thing. So frustrated. And the mechanic even said he doesnt know.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
get a better tune tunes for cams are hard to mailorder LOL

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
yeah well that's always a possibility but I dunno. it drives great atm. very smooth and decent power, its just the idle is a bastard.
ive now completely rewired the coolant temp plug and the plug on top of the alternator..
the alt turn on wire in these are crap so ive ran a new one to the batt. tested it and all, shrink wrapped the wires and made sure the plug connects properly.
the alt is a 120amp bosch only about 3 months old.
it just seemed funny that the revs drop at the same time the volt guage will go from 13.5 down to 12ish or under. so I thought hey maybe alternator sender wires not picking up the voltage properly and the revs are picking up because the voltage is low.. could actually be the reason the revs are picking up, but I don't see why theyre dropping in the first place, everything should be charging fine.

PS. all stock grounds are connected and ive also added 0 guage alt charge wire and all grounds on top of the standard ones.

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
chargcircuit2.gif

pretty sure that's how the vs 304s are wired... that sence wire I replaced a long time ago.
as for the ign/dash light I would have thought the alt wouldent charge if that wire was broken.. I guess ill test that pin in the plug with the ign turned on..

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
No light when I turn key to ign.. now were getting somewhere. I have no idea what to check tho.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
also, just a personal thing. but if youre gonna wire your alternator like that, you may as well save yourself the extra wire and just make a small loop that goes from the batt+ terminal to the sense terminal. will get rid of unnecessary wire which could be a potential problem.

i hook it to ignition+ so it only gets power when the car is on, but that shouldnt make any difference really.

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
Nah I had it looped like that origionally but with a high demand sterio it fluctuated a bit.
Seemed alot more stable voltage running it all the way to the battery.

Ill pull the cluster out tonight and inspect it and the globe.
Hopefully it just blew when the sence wire fuse blew.

Anyway if its that then that solves one mistery. Just need the dizzy plug fixed up neatly and then see if it still has that slight miss it had months ago