Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Bushes

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Just having a look under the car now. Looks too me that there is no Bent links.

Having a look at getting a front end bush kit.

Is there brand's I should stay away from.

I no I'd prefer Nolathan but surly there is other decent ones out there.

Just looking at the full kits and just pay labour to fit them all.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
that's what I did too,had a look and they the rods both look straight to me,had them checked by holden and they said were fine

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Yeah. If I'm going to do the bushes they said, Too me it makes sense just to change them all at once.
I mean the car I'm planning on keeping anyway so I don't mind spending money on it. Just not when
I know there marking up the prices.

I was just looking at Superpro brand kits and there only $420 for a full front end kit. Labour well not too sure what to look at there.
But yeah depending on the quality of them.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
majority of mechanics charge about 75-85 per hour is what I was told by my mechanic,he's a bit cheaper being a regular-lol,

never used superpro so can't comment on that-lol

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
I had a mechanic but when he gave me a $850 labour only bill when I got them to fit engine mounts a hand brake cable and tapper cover gaskets. I said I wont be back.

With that bill, In 2 years I spent 5K there. I was pissed. lol Mind you the job should have only taken a day it was 3 days later.

Mechanics up here seem to be around the $100 mark with a few under that.

I'm waiting to a price on the Nolathan kits which I'm pretty sure I'v seen around the $500 mark.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
depends where you go I guess,i wouldn't mind paying the extra as long as I know they do the job properly the first time and also look after the vehicle

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Super pro are a good brand, they are a little softer than nolathane so are a little less harsh with feedback through the steering wheel.

theghostoftime1978

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt berlina series 1 V6
Super pro are a good brand, they are a little softer than nolathane so are a little less harsh with feedback through the steering wheel.

yes thats true, superpro is a touch softer than nolathane bushes. I Have all superpro except control arms which are the nolathane ones and so far they are good

theghostoftime1978

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt berlina series 1 V6
Yeah. If I'm going to do the bushes they said, Too me it makes sense just to change them all at once.
I mean the car I'm planning on keeping anyway so I don't mind spending money on it. Just not when
I know there marking up the prices.

I was just looking at Superpro brand kits and there only $420 for a full front end kit. Labour well not too sure what to look at there.
But yeah depending on the quality of them.

nolathane front and rear kits are about $500 each depends on supplier. Superpro is a bit more expensive, but i think are better. Also check out whiteline bushes

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
hmmm

This may not excuse the list of bushes I may or may not need, But yesterday I got into the rear end of the car. Cleaned up the CV's and that.

What I notice when taking the wheels off is the side the banging was coming from, was that the wheels nut were all loose. As in I could put the
brace on and 1 finger could pretty much spin it. Its got me stuffed how they become loose as I have never taking the wheels off. But the noise
has gone. I have to admit though I did this years ago, Changed wheels and forgot to tighten one side and it made the same noise.

It never really clicked on this time as I never have taking them off before, And have never come off since I have owned it. But the bang I thought was suspension
has gone completely. I feel like a D1ck but also happy it wasn't really the bushes causing it. although that doesn't dismiss the issue of the work they said it needs.
I'll just replace the lot anyhow.

Verdict in this case : Check the wheel nut first next time.