Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

changing crank angle sensor on my vt 2000

M

mrVT

hey all the past couple of weeks ive been having problems with starting my car and my cars been dying at the lights which has been a pain in the ass, i thought at first might be my starter motor which wasted my time and money buying a new one which that did nothing so until today someone mentioned to me that the problem is the crank angle sensor which causes the car not to start and die at lights when hot, my question is, is it easy to change as it cost me 40 bucks and dont wana spend anymore money, does the pully come off easy after taking the big bolt in the middle? anything i have to take into acount?

bones308

Reaction score
Members Ride
vts 1999 V6
hi
i've changed two in two weeks (car still stalled we thought the first one was faulty) once you have removed the the main large bolt, the pully removes easily ,remove a couple of small bolts and unplug sennor, keep in mind if car still stalls the problem could lie with the fuel pump!!!!!!

check error codes if there is no code showing for the CAS check the fuel pump!

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
hi
i've changed two in two weeks (car still stalled we thought the first one was faulty) once you have removed the the main large bolt, the pully removes easily ,remove a couple of small bolts and unplug sennor, keep in mind if car still stalls the problem could lie with the fuel pump!!!!!!

check error codes if there is no code showing for the CAS check the fuel pump!

Did you use a puller to remove the harmonic balancer ?

bones308

Reaction score
Members Ride
vts 1999 V6
yes you will need a puller, and if poss a long breaker bar for the nut