Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing LED Screen Backlighting

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International Wagon MY09.5
Tried searching for a how to but couldn't find any. I'm wanting to get the center console trim stuff for my Omega but don't like the red backlighting. Is there any way of changing it to white or light blue? I'm not talking about the cluster, just the screen.

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
Is this the screen you mean? There are a few people out there who can change any of the dash lights in your car to whatever colour of your choosing.

SV6BWCluster.jpg

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International Wagon MY09.5
VE_SS_Sub_display.png

This is the part I was talking about, but I assume it's just the same as changing the cluster screen too?

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
I have pulled one of them apart to see if I could change the colour on my ss the filter they use on the screen will only allow the red to come through it turns orange / yellow when using a white led the filter is non removable part of the screen assembly

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachments/asr-audio-electronics/57029d1230504506-ve-dash-lighting-full-conversions-go-sv6bwcentre.jpg

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
Wonder how they got the blue to come through unless the filter will work with red and blue that look awesome