Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing vt tail lights

vt_boii

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore berlina
Hey , I know there are a couple of posts like this one but none very clear to me....

I am changing my stock tail lights for the series 2 lights where the IndicAtors are clear, I just wNted to know if anyone knows how to do it and will ineed to buy a new "orange" globe?

Thanks

tha goviner

Reaction score
easy as mate there is two screws there when ya open the boot on the tail lights, unscrew them and they just pop off after that, they are simple to do

vt_boii

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore berlina
Thanks man sounds real easy :) do I have to buy a new bulb for the indicators or will the ones on there already be alright?

bulletman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
You could use the existing one, the only thing is it's white unless your globe has orange coating.

tha goviner

Reaction score
yea they should be all ready orange globes in them i just went out the shed and had a look at the one's i got have a ogange globe all ready in them

muggo05

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT GTS
Just did this to mine and the globes in the series 1 are clear. went up to bursons because you need orange globes with the straight pins (using the series 1 loom) and they were $1.50 for 2.

easiest and best looking mod (along with clear side indicators) you can do to a VT.

good luck

vt_boii

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore berlina
Hey thanks guys, I put them on this morning looks so much beta thanthe orange :)