Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cheap extractors?

Razor-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Hey,
Ive been looking for extractors or a v6 vs manual ute,
The cheapest ive found so far are these Holden Commodore VS 3.8ltr V6 Extractors Headers New - eBay Extractors, Exhausts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 11-Sep-08 23:08:46 AEST)
But there only for AUTO's, does anybody know where i can get some aroun the am price for a manual?

Also do most of you run one muffler or 2? or a resinator and a muffler or what? Because i want it to have a nice sound but not so loud you can hear it 50km away

djlingard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
mate do not waste your time and money on that crap. Only cheap and nasty might last 2 years if your lucky. Get a set of pacemaker extractors into 2 1/2 inch pipe with a straight through mercury muffler and then straight out the ass end.:thumbsup:

joshooaahh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina lx
if ur worried about a budget then just go to a wreckers n look for a near new set and see what u can find if not then just keep lookin on here or ebay even but djlingard is spot on those are **** house

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Hey,
Ive been looking for extractors or a v6 vs manual ute,
The cheapest ive found so far are these Holden Commodore VS 3.8ltr V6 Extractors Headers New - eBay Extractors, Exhausts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 11-Sep-08 23:08:46 AEST)
But there only for AUTO's, does anybody know where i can get some aroun the am price for a manual?

Also do most of you run one muffler or 2? or a resinator and a muffler or what? Because i want it to have a nice sound but not so loud you can hear it 50km away

Why spend $300 on some crap headers??

Spend $400 and get some Advanced headers instead. They'll get you a performance gain equivalent to pacemakers, unlike the crap you're looking at.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Mate seriously, stay away from Ebay for that sort of stuff, extractor are too important to buy cheap crap. You don't want a crap extractor as they will flow as badly as the factory exhaust manifold.
I only paid like $400 to get a set of Pacemaker extractors from my mechanic, and that includes fitting whereas you will have to pay extra to get these fitted.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I have heard from a reliable source that most cheap extractors on the V6 actually make less power than the standard exhaust !! So I agree , get decent ones or dont bother.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
if you include store inventory on ebay you can pick up a set of pacies for about $450 or HM's for the same price.

Personally id go HM because they come with a new y pipe. The stock y pipe is ****

Razor-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
could you post the link to tht store

Go_Slow

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Series 2 VY S Pack V6 3.8Ltr
Mate seriously, stay away from Ebay for that sort of stuff, extractor are too important to buy cheap crap. You don't want a crap extractor as they will flow as badly as the factory exhaust manifold.
I only paid like $400 to get a set of Pacemaker extractors from my mechanic, and that includes fitting whereas you will have to pay extra to get these fitted.

hey boss where abouts are you? wouldnt mind 400 fitted!