Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check Engine light

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Try the fuel pump relay? Swap it like you had done with the starter & high-beam relays...

I would also suggest that the fuel pump be removed. There may have been a mistake on installation/missing o-rings. The latter will cause pressure bleeds which will take numerous cranks to fire the engine...

Wilba84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE UTE LLT M6
Just threw the check engine light with WOT, again, didnt log a code and sooo slugish. Have had to turn the key twice the past two times i have tried to start the car

Wilba84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE UTE LLT M6
Holden found it was not starting correctly due to the ignition ring being worn down (not the key). Fuel pump & sender unit is also coming out and being replaced with genuine parts today

Wilba84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE UTE LLT M6
Starting FIXED!
Fuel pump and sender was replaced and tested out of the car, the gauge held full the whole time even with the float going up and down. The tech2 showed the correct data is getting to the dash. It was stuck on full at holden until they took it for a drive and it began to move. My $770 invoice states "fuel gauge now more accurate"
Im pretty sure my fuel gauge is now working backwards. The tech assures me that it has the latest software, and correct calibration.
I was then made aware that holden only holds spares for 6yrs after production. This makes replacing the cluster nearly impossible with so many variations of cluster
They want me to now send my cluster away to have the fuel guage replaced in it

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Starting FIXED!
Fuel pump and sender was replaced and tested out of the car, the gauge held full the whole time even with the float going up and down. The tech2 showed the correct data is getting to the dash. It was stuck on full at holden until they took it for a drive and it began to move. My $770 invoice states "fuel gauge now more accurate"
Im pretty sure my fuel gauge is now working backwards. The tech assures me that it has the latest software, and correct calibration.
I was then made aware that holden only holds spares for 6yrs after production. This makes replacing the cluster nearly impossible with so many variations of cluster
They want me to now send my cluster away to have the fuel guage replaced in it

Was your fuel guages always running backwards?. Otherwise it sounds like they chucked in a series1 Fuel sender into your series2 VY. Having the wrong series cluster or sender will cause the fuel gauge to work updside down!

Also no idea what Holden thinks they are going to do with your cluster. ..

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
"Im pretty sure my fuel gauge is now working backwards."

If that is the case, why spend more money chasing a fix ? Can't you just recalibrate in your head what it should be, ie Full=empty and vice versa.

Wilba84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE UTE LLT M6
I get the low fuel alarm the first few starts of my car after i fill up haha, seriously annoying.
Ill go see them again tomorrow. Car is a series 1 and wasnt like this before

Wilba84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE UTE LLT M6
Going to pick my car up in 2 hours time with another new fuel pump and sender in it, hopefully the right one this time :)
They have given me a toyota aurion to drive for the day which seems to be quicker to accelerate and gain speed then my SS
... I know, Soul destroying isnt it

Wilba84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE UTE LLT M6
Picked my car up, gauge hasnt moved yet, not sure if its fixed

As the filthy grub from the service department was getting out of my car, he exherted all of his body weight onto the side of the steering wheel. I thought nothing of it, until i got in my car and the steering wheel was completely locked and wouldnt budge, even whilst turning the key. So i complained, another guy came out and forced the wheel with the key aswell until it was free, then says to me "The ignition barrel must have closed in on itself, must be on the way out"

Anyway now either the key wont turn at all or it glides through and you dont feel the difference between off, acc, ign, on

Im really pissed about this not sure what to do about the ignition...