Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chime

Nardulas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina 5.7 wagon, VE SSV Z Series Wagon
So in my situation, I live on a farm and have 3 gates to open and close between the house and the main road. The seatbelt chime in Mum's Ford Territory drives me nuts, thankfully my VT doesn't have it. I never leave the property without a seatbelt on, but it is a real pain in the ass putting on a belt and undoing it again every couple of hundred metres. Not everyone is looking to do things with law-breaking motives here

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
So in my situation, I live on a farm and have 3 gates to open and close between the house and the main road. The seatbelt chime in Mum's Ford Territory drives me nuts, thankfully my VT doesn't have it. I never leave the property without a seatbelt on, but it is a real pain in the ass putting on a belt and undoing it again every couple of hundred metres. Not everyone is looking to do things with law-breaking motives here

Chime on or off matter is not breaking any law, neither is what you do on private property. A cheap way to get rid of chime on farm is an insert Taxi Drivers use, think it is sold on eBay. Can't use it on public roads without an exemption though.

EDIT: Didn't realise Tech2 flag flash was so cheap as NathanVY suggests.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon

Fair enough, tech2 is the only real solution then. Costs $30-$40 at holden on an auto elec.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
So in my situation, I live on a farm and have 3 gates to open and close between the house and the main road. I never leave the property without a seatbelt on, but it is a real pain in the ass putting on a belt and undoing it again every couple of hundred metres. Not everyone is looking to do things with law-breaking motives here

This is the exact reason I disconnected the alarm in my Pajero. It was especially annoying when you're taking it out at night shooting, it just wasn't practical.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
and the stupid beep beep if you open the door and your keys are in the ign. that's the first thing I rip out in a new car.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
cant you just plug the seatbelt in behind you? or is that too simple?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
and the stupid beep beep if you open the door and your keys are in the ign. that's the first thing I rip out in a new car.

oh mate! that noise drives me fkn mental. the alarm guy will sit with his head under the dash for a full 30 mins with that fkn noise going. often feel like folding his legs upside down and slamming the door closed.

another good one was on old jap imports they used to ding when you did 100kmph... mate, that got real old real fast.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I agree the seatbelt chime is a PITA when you want to just move the car a few metres. It drives me nuts. (btw I never actually drive without a seatbelt - that's just dumb).

Having said that, I've found the best and cheapest thing is to just press the red release button on the buckle (I think this was mentioned earlier). This stops the chimes and it's also free! :D