Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chopa's new crappy VH Wagon

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
Wow , wicked project. Looks tidy enough (minus that leak). I dig the pinstripes and "Commodore" on the side too, plan to keep that?

Looks good, keen to see updates.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
If i don't respray the car it will stay there :D

Well well well. So none of my windows actually open in the car. So i took the door apart and broke off all the old rubber off the keeps the windows in place and now the drivers side actually opens! Wooo!

IMG_3184_zps1acad5d5.jpg

This is all dry and crispy

IMG_3185_zpsd9b22c18.jpg

This is iPhone effect. thought it looked cool, kinda.

IMG_3188_1024_zpsb0504905.jpg

Got my thermostat top and bottom housing. Painted the top one. Looks much better when its not rusted ay!

IMG_3189_zpsd4d861bb.jpg

New Thermostat as well.

IMG_3191_zpse7134098.jpg

New heater hoses connected

IMG_3192_zps267948d8.jpg

IMG_3195_zps7735f896.jpg

Just waiting for my Radiator hoses to arrive.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Took out the air compressor and lines

IMG_3201_zpsbb77eb12.jpg

IMG_3202_zpsdbc7037a.jpg

Do i need that wiring there were the air con bottle was?

IMG_3203_zps53d30118.jpg

Now need to mount the alternator back it does not pull the fan cable tight, any ideas?

IMG_3204_zpsbcb7555f.jpg

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
if you've removed the A/C then you can get rid of those wires and the vacuum line. It's there to activate the recirculation door when you have the A/C on 'recirc'
Just make sure you blank off the outlet on the vacuum tree so you don't end up with a vacuum leak

not sure why your fan belt won't tighten now ? The compressor being removed shouldn't affect it - it's a separate belt isn't it ? If not just go to Supercheap or something with the old belt and try and find something shorter. A belt to suit non-AC should fit

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Sorry but which vacuum tree?

The air compressor had mounts at the bottom that pushed it up and the alternator was attached to the top of the air compressor. now that i took it out it just goes down. hard to explain.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Ya mahn, ordered some hoses so i can fix this whole TVS thing you told me about. Still no idea. where to plug them all in to. i'll figure it out i guess. one of the valves are brocken off though that is supposed to have a cable running to it.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Sorry but which vacuum tree?

The air compressor had mounts at the bottom that pushed it up and the alternator was attached to the top of the air compressor. now that i took it out it just goes down. hard to explain.

in the pic of the wires near the firewall that you asked about
there is a vacuum hose that is used by the A/C to open and shut the recirculation door. Not needed if you've removed the A/C. So you can remove the hose. But if you follow the hose in the picture, you'll find it connects to the intake manifold through a vacuum tree/outlet (unless someone has already plugged it) Plug the outlet if you remove the hose