Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chris's VS Project (Huge Pics!)

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
Well i know my car aint nothing special but since ive started doing a few things to it i thought id put up some pics maybe give some ideas to people with a stock VS and wanna start doing something themselves.

Late 95 VS Executive
KM's - 259,000
Color - Alaskan White

Mods Done so far

Cold Air Intake - (From holden) $55
K&N Panel Filter - From Supercheap $99
Redback 2.5" Cat Back (no 2nd muffler/resonator) $250 from A1 Exhausts ballina
VS Clubsport Replica Rims 235/45/17 With new tread $300
20% Tinted Windows $190

Recent work

New plugs and leads
Serviced, All filters, injector cleaned etc

Sound System

Pioneer Head Unit - $200 from Auto Barn
Kenwood 300w 6x9's $100 from auto barn
Sony 200 6" Splits $50 from supercheap
420w 4 channel Kenwood amp $200 Auto Barn
No Name 1600w 2 channel amp $50 from my sister :w00t:
2x Sony Xplod ????w 12" Subs $50 from my sister :w00t:

Other Info.

Owned the car 12 months in that time of had 3 problems.
1. Bottom tensioner pulley bearings seazed and ripped my fan belt to bits.
2. Thermostat blocked and blew head gasket, Chemiweld to the rescue
3. Top tensioner pulley bearings seazed and lost my fan belt somewhere on the pacific highway, fun friday night that was.

Ok now for some pics.

Heres the beast when i got it

Image002.jpg

My new Clubby front bar before painting

09012008001.jpg

Preping the clubby bar

26012008003.jpg

27012008004.jpg

My Naked car, Replaced my bent gaurd while the front bar was off

28012008.jpg

My **** poor attempt at pulling the strips off, which didnt exactly go to plan

28012008003.jpg

More bar prepping

27012008004.jpg

And the finished bar

28012008014.jpg

28012008007.jpg

28012008016.jpg

and just thought id throw in my dads VN SS

28012008012.jpg

Add some more pics as i go, i got some rust in the boot to cut out and a few dash mods to come.

Im planning to add a 3.5mm headphone jack into my dash with a dial to switch between my headunit and auxillary devices like my PSP, Laptop and anything else i plan to plug into it.

Last edited:

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
go get some double sided tape and the strips should stick on again good work keep it up

aussie_cruzin

got boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV Ute
That clubby front bumper looks sweet..pitty bout the strips oh well sh*t happens ya cars looking good mate:thumbsup:

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
im keen to get them strips off, just gotta work out how, the bastards are stuck on damn good. once i get the rest of the clubby kit i think ill just hack int the doors and get the strips off and repaint them.

i got my clubby bar sitting in the back yard, all i need is the rear bar and skirts, just waiting on a bargain. not to keen on paying $800 to gt them brand new.

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
nice car good job on the front bar are you planning a clubby mock up or just the kit?
p.s your dads ss is foiken sweet dude

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Strips are held on with urethane and double sided tape, the tape is easy to get off but the urethane isn't. What you need if you want to do this without wrecking your paint is a "caramel wheel" or rubber eraser wheel as it's known. You can pick one up from a panel shop supplier,if not sure ask your local panel beaters if they'll sell you one of theirs or ask where to get one, I did and they sent me in the right direction.

Believe me it's not easy, I've almost given up on getting these damn evil hell strips off, HSV ordered the bodies from Holden without strips.. sure I don't need to explain why :p

When you remove the strips as well a good thing to use to remove the strips but not the urethane is an old bank card, bow it into a ( shape and also apply hot water and take your time, you could scratch the paint otherwise. And ignore panel shops who say it's impossible to remove the urethane, I've seen many get it done (but only on VS's and newer, which have 2 pack paint, the VR's and older have acrylic paint which literally burns with the caramel wheel)

Oh, a caramel wheel is a drill bit extension that's like a rubber, you run it over the strips very slowly and firmly, I haven't had much luck with it but I'm sure you will, just read the instructions and take your time.

By the way nice VS, just don't badge it as a HSV please!

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
Nah i have no plans to badge it as a HSV or make it a appear as though its a genuine clubby, it just wouldnt feel right to label it as a HSV when its not. i just like the clubby kits hehe.

ill look into that caramel wheel thingy, at this point ill try anything cause i want them strips gone!

With any luck, when im done it will just look like a nice VS with a clubby kit, not a wannabe rip off clubby.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Nah i have no plans to badge it as a HSV or make it a appear as though its a genuine clubby, it just wouldnt feel right to label it as a HSV when its not. i just like the clubby kits hehe.

ill look into that caramel wheel thingy, at this point ill try anything cause i want them strips gone!

With any luck, when im done it will just look like a nice VS with a clubby kit, not a wannabe rip off clubby.
Thats the attitude mate! Good on ya, Yeah you done a top job on painting that front bar. Yah, defiantly look into the caramel wheel, either that or paint the bumpers white. Its good to have them white if you take it to the shops allot because we all know they can save a ding or two!

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
Finally the next step in my Project, WHEELS!!!

found me a nice bargain, VS Clubby 17" rims on what looks to be brand spanking new rubber for $300 :w00t:

Ive never been a fan of 3 spoke mags but i think they suit my car pretty bloody well.

Next week im throwing on some 20% window tints and all going to plan 2 weeks after that im replacing everything i can in the suspension and dropping it on its guts, cant wait.

Im so impatiant i put my new rims on while sitting at the BP at capalaba last night lol

16042008.jpg

17042008002.jpg

17042008005.jpg

aussie_cruzin

got boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV Ute
i hate them rims with a passion!!but they do look good on your car i reckon when you lower it will look killa...keep up the good work mate its turning out nice