Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CHUBS VX commodore build up

luminex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
Hey bud, love the car. It looks awesome. Ive always loved red! Hey just a quick questions, what did you use for around the screen, cos i put some gauges in but need to blend it in. Keep up the good work, and more pics :yeah:

cheers mate, around the screen i used the origional surround that came with the headunit, wish i had more pics to explain but there was a big gap on the bottom and the left hand side, but the top and right were touching the dash so i glued these 2 sides straight to the dash while it was all in the car so the positioning would be right, then i removed the dash and used plasti-bond (Got it from Mitre-10 white box) is real easy, just mix with the hardener and spread it on, very similar to bog.
had to build up the gaps which was hard, then sanded it alot to blend with the curves.
ended up using a bit of bog in the bottom corners. also, along the way i used a spray putty primer it is a really thick primer which fills in any little holes or scratches which there was alot of. then yea, not its all putty primed and sanded so its real smooth and awaiting paint to arrive n yea thats bout it.
i used a finishing sander and mostly 400 paper seemed to work good, it took me 2 whole days to get to here though so allow yourself a fair bit of time!

Good luck mate n cant wait to see how yours turns out

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
did you do your own boot install?

ive got a gas tank too and i have three subs going in and was looking at options so you dont see the ugly tank.. i really like yours.. is the board that covers your tank stuck there or does it fold down?

luminex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
did you do your own boot install?

ive got a gas tank too and i have three subs going in and was looking at options so you dont see the ugly tank.. i really like yours.. is the board that covers your tank stuck there or does it fold down?

Cheers mate, yea gas tank look hell ****. the board is just jamed in there. it sounds dodgy, but the carpet stops it from sliding round n yea its a tight fit so i just jamed it in on a angle n its all good.

just sucks bout gettin the spare tire out lol

but yea give it a whack n good luck!

sus_calais

SIR 355
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
nice car mate! how much ya pay for the dvd player? they a kila unit! good work with the boot instal! keep up the good work!

CAL-FTW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 5lt
really like what you have done with the screen. Blending it in and such.

also glad you decieded to primer it while re-doing it. after a few rally warm days you would have noticed a littl bit of cracking, spech round the rooves and top of dash. Keep up the good work.
Mark

luminex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
updates pics guys

got red walls on lovin it!!

NEEDS TO BE LOWERED!!! (or airbags will do :)

Attachments

• P150909_14.54.jpg
    P150909_14.54.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 455

luminex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
really like what you have done with the screen. Blending it in and such.

also glad you decieded to primer it while re-doing it. after a few rally warm days you would have noticed a littl bit of cracking, spech round the rooves and top of dash. Keep up the good work.
Mark

thanks mate