Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cig lighter still not working. need help

vt_on_20s

vt gone ve s2 ss ute now!
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss s2 ute
ok, ive pulled the bit of the dash out and seen that no wires to the cig lighter are disconected or damaged. ive checked all my fuses and it still doesnt work can anyone tell me why this is so??? also maybe if i have made a mistake what fuse is the one for the lighter???

it stopped when a friend pulled his lighter phone charger out to fast and the whole thing came out. since then it hasnt worked!!!

any help aprechiated.

roby02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe wagon
first things first start by using a test light and see if you are getting current at the actual socket if not pull out and do same with wires if theres power to the wires and not the outlet then replace if no current at the wires (not sure which one ) but do a search for fuses and you will find what your looking for check that fuse if thats ok then maybe when it was yanked out maybe it stretched and broke one of the cables if so just rerun new power lines
if you want constant always on power connect to a live line if you want it when accessories are on tap into something like the power window possitive wire
hope helps robert

vt_on_20s

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss s2 ute
thanks mate, got it working, no power running to the socket... replaced the wire..

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Maybe its a sign to quit smoking??

vt_on_20s

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss s2 ute
haha havn't smoke since the first time i tried it.... its for my phone charger!!!