Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cleaning you car - What do you use?

Indy_387

Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread to see what everyone is washing their car with.

Currently I use ArmorAll Car Wash with a regular sponge & chamois & every 3rd wash I go over it with ArmorAll High Performance Wax & Polish. I use a Meguiars hand applicator pad to put the wax & polish on & then a Meguiars Microwipe Polishing Cloth to take it off.

For the windows I use ArmorAll Glass Cleaner.

For the interior I use ArmorAll Multi-Purpose Cleaner first & then go over it with ArmorAll Original Protectant.

It all works a treat for me.

W

wayneVYSS

Armorall hand wash then carlovers for a spray on wax then spot free rinse...

hindred

PUP
Reaction score
Members Ride
Green VY S
I've been using up the kitten products I got for xmas.

Wash
Chamios
Clean Rims
Spray Tyres (forget the name of the stuff, comes in a white and red can?)

Didn't think to shoot down to the car wash for that wax wash/spray, anyone else rate it?

P.S. Cleaned the car spotless yesterday and it just started pissing down rain today :hit:

Lano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 1
Normally just a no-name brand Wash & Wax with a bucket of warm water, then I do as wayneVYSS does and go to the nearest car-wash joint for a spray-on wax.
(I love that spray on wax! Means that if I'm doing over 60km/h in the rain, I don't need to use my wipers because all the water beads off faster then I could get it off if I did use the wipers!!! :rofl: )
Armorall Protectant in the car.
Last time I used Armorall Glass Cleaner I ended up with dirtier windows then when I started.
Its been suggested that I use some metho in warm water to clean the inside of the windows, and wipe it off with a newspaper. Still have to try that though.

beckrey

Banned
Reaction score
i wash mine about once every 3 months using a hose and a sponge :rofl:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Well I wash mine fairly often, used to wash it once a week, Polish it once a month.

I Cut and polish it - very rarely, maybe once a year.

Using all Macguiars car wash stuff now, switched too it and I won't look back.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Meguiars NXT GEN :)

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
I use Meguiars Gold shampoo I think it's called...
The rest of the stuff I use is Autoglym. I was using the Autoglym shampoo but it was pretty average, really happy with the Meguiars. The rest of the Autoglym stuff rocks though :D

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
hindred said:
P.S. Cleaned the car spotless yesterday and it just started pissing down rain today :hit:

hahaha..yeah I know what u mean. Mine lasted about 3 hours before it rained and because its so dusty here the car is now off-white.

I wash it with a ****tail of Polyglaze auto wash and Armorall heavy duty carwash. Windex for the windows and Armorall protectant or Polyglaze solar care for the interior. Mmm...the censor bot got me :shutup: .