Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"CLICK CLICK" in VTII

BOXY1

Reaction score
No im not at all sure what it is thats why im on here looking. All i know is that if i turn the car to accesories or actually start up and touch the accelerator i get a click click noise as described by tdog. turn it off and back on and it does it again. The fact that it happens when the engine isnt started tells me that its nothing to with tappets or piston slap

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
minux said:
lol are you sure it isnt just relays flicking over?
If it was a relay the size of a shoebox maybe, but it's way way louder than a normal relay.

BOXY1, I haven't tried it on accessories with the go pedal down. I'll give it a go tonight. Do you have traction control? I'm thinking PSK is right because I'm struggling to think what else might be running through a check procedure with the engine off.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Demons1964 said:
If it was a relay the size of a shoebox maybe, but it's way way louder than a normal relay.

BOXY1, I haven't tried it on accessories with the go pedal down. I'll give it a go tonight. Do you have traction control? I'm thinking PSK is right because I'm struggling to think what else might be running through a check procedure with the engine off.

If it is something like that than it can't be good, i havent heard that noise in any VT onwards :S

Hope you work out what it is, hope more its just a cheap fix :)

Good Luck

BOXY1

Reaction score
yeh i do have traction control, but my parents have a VT series 1 with traction control, and that doesnt make a noise. I may be way out of the ball park with this but is the accelerator hydraulically operated in gen III's? could it be something to do with that?

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
I think you are hearing the throttle relaxer clicking. Normal.

H

Hurricane

I recently had a similar problem with a ticking sound when car was cold which would go away after a few minutes. Turned out to be the exhaust manifold. A couple of the headbolts had broken which meant that the exhaust manifold had come away from its position and when it heated up it expanded and stopped the noise. Worth having a look anyway?

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
BOXY1, I can confirm mine also does it in the "ON" key position (the one with all the dash warning lights on).

hkmonaro68, can you explain the role of the throttle relaxer?

VZLAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Perhaps cracked belt ?

vt62nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt belina
mine sum times makes a click click noise, its usually the flaps in the air cond vents moving 4 some reason when ignition just on, if that makes sense

BOXY1

Reaction score
TigaMite: Na its not a cracked belt when i took my car back to holden they thought it was that so changed all the belts and it was still there.

vt62nv: After i complained at holden that the noise was still there they said it was the aircond flaps werent working properly (which they werent because the directional control didnt work) so they fixed that and told me the noise was gone. But yet again i come back to find the noise still there.