Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

climate control into an exec?

tufcalais

I like boobs
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon (soon to be pimped)
hi guys i just bought a vs wagon off my missus' sister and the air con fan speed resistors have gone kaput. i was wondering if i could put a climate control unit from a stato/calais in there or is the wiring loom not there? would i need to change the bcm? cheers

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
its a lot of work, its something im considering down the track. you have to change the heater box from the current one to a climate control hvac unit, plus theres the bcm and all the wiring to sort out as well as all the fiddly bits and pieces that happen with any conversion. lots of people have done them despite the effort involved so if you do a search you will find plenty of info on here.

heres a couple of links for you to look at to get a better general idea of what you have to do:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...842-vs-executive-climate-control-upgrade.html

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...3-1997/143820-climate-control-conversion.html

good luck!

tufcalais

I like boobs
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks dude

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
no problem mate, as far as getting all the parts it may be easiest to get a wrecked car with climate control. im praying im lucky enough to find my ideal wrecked car at the end of the year: vs calais/statesman with full leather trim, l67 and climate control so i can swap all three of those into my equipe haha

tufcalais

I like boobs
Reaction score
Members Ride
nar i cbf doing that.... ill just repair the resistors :D

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
fair enough, it does look like a huge job!

LittleAlex

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VS Calais, '75 Lancia Beta Coupe
Got the complete conversion for sale if anyone wants it...pulled it all out of the my Statesman and the buyer changed his mind :S

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
maybe in a month if you still have it =) depending on price of course