Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clunk when shifting 2-3

cavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon
Dunno about it being a new fix but it was a last resort after a bit of trial and error replacing parts. They replaced the pressure switch which didn't fix the problem then changed the computer settings and all went well.
This was included in the total labour which ended up being about $120.
Where? NZ

Cod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Also have the same problem, 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd with the 4 speed auto.
I explored this earlier but never came across this thread, I resigned myself that the gearbox was shitty and it’s a common fault that cannot be fixed short of rebuilding/replace the gearbox. You guys think a computer reflash can fix the problem? Seems more of a mechanical fault like a worn part causing slip before it catches. I don’t have the luxury of a computer update because I’ll lose my $900 Powerchip tune and have to pay them to do it again over the new update.

I heard from my mechanic there is a bolt under the transmission that can be turned to tighten up the shifts, I might get him to take a look at that.
It's strange that this seems such a common fault yet everyone I speak to about it in Perth isn't aware of it...