Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Codes P0700 AND P182E Transmission control system circut malfunction and internal mode switch malfunction.

Kalie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore Wagon
G'day fellow commodore owners.
I had an issue with my VE 2010 V.6 Commodore sports wagon last week. Please bare in mind, I do 90% of the work on my car myself (yes I am a female lol).

I had a misfire in cylinder 4, so went and replaced spark plug and ignition coil in that cylinder, car ran well for about 2 days. Then had new error code of misfire in cylinder 2 come up. So went and changed all spark plugs and ignition coils. Drove it for about 15 mins, and code came up again.

Went and checked all electrical plugs, and found the plug that goes from the driver's side O2 sensor that plugs into power the ignition coils had coolant leaking over it, which was from the above heater hose that I found leaking.

I then went and replaced the O2 sensors and extender plug, as the car has extractors and high flow cats on it, so needs an extension to reach the clip.

I replaced both heater hoses and topped up with coolant.

Been running like a dream for a week, was driving home today and engine light came on, car was really slow taking off at the lights, didn't want to change gears and ESP turned it self off.

Got home, plugged OBD into the C*#T and came up with 3 error codes, 1: P182E - Internal mode switch indicates invalid range. 2: PO700 - transmission control system MIL request circuit malfunction.

These 2 are new codes. The last was P2O97 - running to rich off bank 1. This code has come up since I had it dyno tuned 18 months ago, so i haven't worried about it.

After Jacking it up, I have not found any transmission leaks, but I did notice that there is water/coolant running from what looks like a drain plug above the transmission. It deffs wasn't oil, it was dark and couldn't see the color of the liquid, but smelling it, just smells like water.

Any ideas, before I take it to a transmission mechanic? I think maybe it has something to do with a leaking coolant pipe that cools the transmission fluid down? Not sure, but as you guys no, I am a female, and no matter how much I try to tell a mechanic I no a **** load about cars, they still try to rip my wallet apart.
Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220524-153034.jpg
    Screenshot_20220524-153034.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 161