Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold air intake

Vzssman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ss 5.7
Hey guys just about to purchase a cold air intake.. What you reminded? Ss growler?? Or is there better?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
mace airbox unless you go OTR

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Hey guys just about to purchase a cold air intake.. What you reminded? Ss growler?? Or is there better?

No, there is no better ones, SS Inductions one is fine. Google search the SS inductions CAI and then the Walkinshaw CAI and you will see they are the same one with a different sticker. eBay is cheaper for them I found, I had one on my SSV before I put on the OTR.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,068
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 1,575

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Go an OTR such as VCM or Duspeed.

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
+1 for the SS inductions. Can't go wrong.

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!

WAGONBEAST57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon V8 A4
SS reductions are overpriced rubbish. Rather the MCAI with 2 hole mod or even better an OTR.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
SS reductions are overpriced rubbish. Rather the MCAI with 2 hole mod or even better an OTR.

Why exactly are they rubbish and why are they overpriced, $400 is about the going price for all CAI with the filter cleaning/ oiling kit....if anything the OTR's are over rated, they don't so much more (if anything) than the standard SS Inductions Growler.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
check out dyno runs with OTR against pod filter and make a decision for yourself (this was before having a tune), but alot better gains from an otr on mine, so if you go otr checkout VCM, Duspeed, Ramjet,

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
check out dyno runs with OTR against pod filter and make a decision for yourself (this was before having a tune), but alot better gains from an otr on mine, so if you go otr checkout VCM, Duspeed, Ramjet,

I can't find any dyno runs comparing them, if you direct cool air from under your car to the Growler using the scoop it should be similar performance, contrary to popular belief the OTR doesn't allow in more air flow because both have filters restricting air flow....I've had both on my car and really couldn't tell the difference however OTR's are more likely to get bugs stuck in the filter.i likes the growler because it looked stock where an OTR sticks out like dogs balls, even with VcM infill panels

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
OTR comes into its own on the road with air being rushed/rammed in, a dyno cant simulate this