Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cold air intake

D

dumpd6

i dont see that it will be a problem... it use to be just pointing to the ground before i did this, hasnt been on a wet weather drive yet tho

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

D

dumpd6

you's two are the only people that have said any thing bad about it... if it looks like it will be trouble ill just cut the pipe back thro a pod on

pluss you see vr/s with cai out the front of the holes in the front bars an they hav no trouble if any thing ive heard they pick up rocks an you have to clean out your air box every so ofter.... it aint like id be driving thru any rivers

D

dumpd6

VLACS said:
so with a walky front for example. and the air intake on the left. thats the cars left. what would you do to make it not go "boom"

i know of a vl with a my set up on a walky bar with out a filter and that is still driving around fine

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
apart from the mechanicals of it .... aestheitcally why not duct it straight behind the grill which is already there?

D

dumpd6

because its too big and hard to bend and fit behind the grille, its only povo ag pipe from mitre 10 and it dont bend verry good and instead of it handing on the ground i thought id be different and put it thru the bumper

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
you should do what more efficient. im gonna go to the grill from beneath the air box. is a k and n panel filter all the same size. do i have to go in and measure them to find one what fits in my air box

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
they may work and you may never have any problems. im just working off the theory of a couple of engine casualties round here (vic) caused by water in some even less agressive intakes.

(got a mate who stuck a pod filter between the bumper and the wheel on his skyline. sounded great but gave the car a gut full of water cos it was coming straight off the wheel!)

P

prizedbnx

dumpd6, you think you can take a picture of the hole at the front from a bit further back, i want to see the aesthetics of this craftsmanship