Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore Servicing in Brisbane?

Huthy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Ute 5.7 M6
Hi Guys & Gals,

Firstly, I'm sick'n'tired of Holden Servicing...Over-priced, Under-knowledged, and average workmanship...I'll leave it at that! :bang:

I want to find a good recommended workshop in Brisbane who can conduct handbook servicing for a reasonable price...

Any suggestions?

Huthy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Ute 5.7 M6
Holden Servicing is a joke...

Who services on a Saturday, but doesn't do warranty work on a Saturday?
Who else would want to spend 45 minutes to fit a replacement soft tonneau cover?
Who tries to charge to adjust a handbrake?
Who overfills clutch reservoir's, to the point of spilling fluid through the engine bay?
Who doesn't clean up the spilt fluid? And now has to order a replacement engine cover?
Who looses screvit's and doesn't replace them until it's pointed out, and then replace them with incompatible ones?
Who never seems to have stock of warranty items? Idler Pulleys? Fuel Pumps? Tonneau covers? Screvits?
Who drives the car for 30km in a service, but can't explain why?
Who drives the car to feather edges on the tyres?
Who puts fuel filters in backwards?
Who overfills, and spills brake fluid in reservoirs?
Who overfills automatic transmissions?
Who says brake pads need replacing, and I get another 25,000 from them?
Who says tyres need replacing, and I get another 15,000 from them?
Who charges $75 for 6 litres of magnatec oil?
Who can never seem to find the faults I have been listening to for the last 5,000 kms and will for the next 5,000?

Two Words... Holden Service...

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
and you can see my car in there without no engine that has been sitting there for a couple of weeks lol

anyway they are a top place, I always go there sadly if I count up my receipts it would be close to 10 grand in the last year :)

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Can you buy a service manual like a Gregory's for VY V8's? If so you should buy yourself some spanners, screwdrivers and a socket set and do your own services. Even after buying tools and oil and filters you'd still come out better than two, maybe even one service from Holden. I should ask is it still under warranty though?

Huthy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Ute 5.7 M6
Yep, Unfortuneately the car is still under warranty for another 8 months.... So handbook servicing it is!

We've always done our own servicing, maintenance and breakdown repairs including engine rebuilds. Got the workshop, got the tools, but just don't want to void my warranty... Despite how hard Holden Service are trying to stuff around with the car, I've got photo's of everything so that down the track when the engine bay begins to peel and rust from the split clutch fluid, I'll take them to task!

I looked for a Gregory's manual the other day at Supercheap, but couldn't find any, and let's face it the guy at the service desk wouldn't know that the manuals were actually under the counter! Might have to do a bit of searching...

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Unfortunately I don't believe Gregory's are producing any more manuals which sucks because they're better than the Haynes ones.

Huthy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Ute 5.7 M6
I just ordered an Ellery's Manual... $54 and its a full 492 pages, which should make some light reading!

Gregory's/Haynes do now produce a manual for the VY, but I remember them being very simplistic, certainly nowhere near 492 pages!