Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Complete guide to nokia CK-7W install in VY/VZ.

bradwilks80

Reaction score
All,

I have been trawling through the forums on nokia CK-7W car kit install.
I can not find a step by step guide for this.

I understand the basic install process but what other parts are needed other than the nokia package? ie pin connectors etc?

If someone could give me some help it would be appreciated...

Thanks for your help.
Brad.

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
These are the bits you need and what pin is what:

The 6 way connector socket can be located under the passenger side of the centre console. The plug to fit this socket can be sourced from your local Holden Dealer for under $5 all up. Part numbers as follows:

92143075 - Connector-Phone
(This is the plastic plug assembly; you will need 1 of these)

92141210 - Terminal-Phone
(These are the actual metal solder/crimp pins; you will need 6 of these for a full installation... funny that Holden seem to pack them in lots of 5? )

The 6 wires are as follows...

Orange - 12V Supply (Battery via fuse... always on)
Black/Green - 0V (Chassis, earth, ground... you know the drill)
Yellow - 12V Accessory Supply
Yellow w/stripe - Radio Mute signal. Active Low.
Blue w/stripe - Audio-
Blue - Audio +

bradwilks80

Reaction score
thanks mate, much appreciated...

Few more questions:
1. Will this method use the car speakers when on a call? if so do I still need to install the Nokia supplied speaker?
2. Will this method allow me to use the steering wheel volume controls?
3. I notice that the plug is 6pin. On the Nokia manual it shows the cable set as 4pin. Is this correct, are there 2 pins not used?
4. Other than installing the box, mic, cradle, and connecting the wire from the nokia box to the holden 6pin adapter is there any other things to know?

thanks,
Brad.

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
thanks mate, much appreciated...

Few more questions:
1. Will this method use the car speakers when on a call? if so do I still need to install the Nokia supplied speaker?
2. Will this method allow me to use the steering wheel volume controls?
3. I notice that the plug is 6pin. On the Nokia manual it shows the cable set as 4pin. Is this correct, are there 2 pins not used?
4. Other than installing the box, mic, cradle, and connecting the wire from the nokia box to the holden 6pin adapter is there any other things to know?

thanks,
Brad.

1. Yes, the call will go through your car speakers. No, chop the speaker off and connect it to the audio + and - as labled in the above post.
2. Yes and mute will still work
3. When you include the two speaker wires that will make 6 total.
4. No not really, it is really that straight forward. I had the mic above the rear view mirror then ran it down the left A pillar, behind glovebox to back of the stereo (where I velcroed the Nokia box in). You can also put the mic on the drivers A pillar, which is where the genuine holden instructions say to mount it. I didn't use a cradle as I had a bluetooth phone. I left the pop port cable tucked up under the trim in the passengers footwell if my phone ever really needed a charge, but very rarely did I use it. I mounted the remote on the centre console behind the window switches (had a ute so only had to switches and a big blank area behind it)

Any other questions then give me a yell...

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
When Idid it I got a factory cradle attachment that goes on the side of the console so you dont have to drill any holes in it .Also there is a factory switch that goes in the console with a phone symbol on it that you can wire in to make it look complete instead of the loose nokia one but that will only be useful if you intend using bluetooth.

Atreidae

(Was an) Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SIDI
best place to hide stuff.

Wire up the nokia as said before.

Red on nokia to orange on phone plug
blue on nokia to yellow on phone plug
yellow on nokia to yellow blue on phone plug
Black on nokia to green/black on phone plug (or the earth screw)
(not yellow to yellow, you will get a nice melty smell if you do!)

Open the console under the steering wheel.
remove screw on top left size near the computer controls. stick "nokia" button down and left of the computer buttons (best place)
pull plastic back (where you removed the screw) and thread cable from nokia button
replace screw

remove two lower left screws on right side of console
run wire from button to other side of tunnel
place speaker behind panel, cable tie to metal pole run cable over tunnel
Cut the speaker wire about 4-5 inches from the plug end, strip both ends, join red to red and black to black, now splice into the blue wires., red to blue black to blue black
this way the speaker works even when the radio is off, (fuse blown) or not muted

databox goes in behind the wite drain on right side of tunnel.

ill do a real guide one day.

Atreidae

(Was an) Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SIDI
damn, I didnt realise this was such and old thread.

herminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Wagon
Holden Mobile Phone Mounting Platform - Part number 92144493

...factory cradle attachment that goes on the side of the console so you dont have to drill any holes in it ...

Thanks for the tip. My local Holden dealer still has the "Mobile Phone Mounting Platform" on their shelves. A quality made plastic bracket. Holden part number 92144493. Cost $28 in March '10.

I would recommend it. See attached for a diagram of the mounting.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Holden Mobile Phone Mounting Platform 92144493 2.jpg
    Holden Mobile Phone Mounting Platform 92144493 2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 9,750

boxdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Has anybody successfully installed a Nokia CK-100 in their (VY/VZ?) Commodore instead of the tried and true CK-7W? i hear that it has better echo cancellation for non-nokia phones (I have an iPhone) and they're not much more expensive on fleabay at the moment..