Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Conclusive answers about VZ clusters

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
OK - Cooper, yes to all the above... ;)

The shift-up warning.... That can be enabled on lower end clusters, but only works for manual trans. It is possible to add a shift-up light, but it requires the addition of some components on the cluster PCB. (which I can do...) If you have a HSV cluster, then the shift warning light is installed - but again, only works in MANUAL transmission.

("Shift-up warning" is defined as the LCD graphic showing an icon of a gear lever with the words "Change Up Gear" or something like that, accompanied by a rapid beeping similar to the "FASTEND DRIVER'S SEATBELT" warning. The "Shift-up light" is defined as an additional alert light which illuminates in combination with the other warnings above...)

Note that therre is NO BCM upgrade required to allow a higher level cluster to work, up to level 4 that is. Level 5 clusters are a different box of frogs apparently, I'm playing with one at the moment trying to nut it out....

The power window config for Execs is a little tricky, some were front only - some were all four. I have a feeling it relates to the build date - but I'm not certain. In doing MANY lighting conversions, I've seen lots of both variants - never really ook much notice of the build dates actually.... Maybe I should....

Anyhow, happy days all! :thumbsup:

jonesyGT

Reaction score
Guys, sorry to hijack this thread

I have a VZ LX6 & cant get teh average fuel economy meter on th dash to work
Its always on 0.00 when driving & 99.9 when stationary
Ive reset as per book & followed what the book says to do but cant get anything apart from the above readings
Can anyone shed some light on what i need to do

Cheers
Mark