Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Conclusive answers about VZ clusters

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
yeh and ive been asking what state your in because Greg (Phreddy) has a Tech 2 that will only take 20 seconds to reset an SRS light, I know because I had to do it to my car last week.

If your in Sydney I can arrange to have it done far cheaper then Holden or anyone will charge.

coop3r

Reaction score
Website
www.zzperformance.com
Members Ride
01 VX S Supercharged V6
so phreddy if i got a vz exec and got a calais cluster to put in it could you set it up so that it had all 3 windows working or would it only have the centre window working?

also does anyone here know much about the vz exec bcm's? i wanna trade my vx s supercharged 6 in for a vz exec but i want the rear power windows as i have kids but i don't know if its gonna be a simple change rear reg's, plug in wires and plug in new switchblock into the centre console.

thanks guys..

also phreddy what are you charges for a calais cluster re-burn for a vz exec?

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
VZ clusters are interchangeable, the calais cluster will work in your exec fine. The only thing is that cluster is programmed for more airbags. I did pretty much the same thing in my exec, straight swap.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
so phreddy if i got a vz exec and got a calais cluster to put in it could you set it up so that it had all 3 windows working or would it only have the centre window working?

also does anyone here know much about the vz exec bcm's? i wanna trade my vx s supercharged 6 in for a vz exec but i want the rear power windows as i have kids but i don't know if its gonna be a simple change rear reg's, plug in wires and plug in new switchblock into the centre console.

thanks guys..

also phreddy what are you charges for a calais cluster re-burn for a vz exec?

my vz exec has rear power windows..think they all do

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Does anyone know if the manual over-rev warning can be enabled on lower-spec models?

coop3r

Reaction score
Website
www.zzperformance.com
Members Ride
01 VX S Supercharged V6
the only vz exec's i've seen with rear power windows is ones that are optioned or ones that are ex cop which also have fe2 suspension, traction control and a full black dash fascia as apposed to the greyish one that the standard exec has. there is a few other bits and pieces but i'm not going into that as it would be thread stealing.

one thing i was wondering guys is that the standard exec cluster is just a flat black with the needles and numbers etc printed on the background. If I found an sv6 cluster and pulled the curved plastic bezel that is also in the cluster (the curvy plastic that surrounds the speedo and tacho) could you pull apart an exec cluster and put the plastic curvy bezel to give the exec cluster some more style?

I've seen the vy/vz exec white dials on ebay but its still boring.

below is a sv6 dash showing the plastic insert i was talking about
!B,vBK-wCGk~$%28KGrHgoOKjMEjlLmRfcUBKs0Gr,qSg~~_3.JPG

Last edited: