Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

coolant problem?

vpcommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
i seem to be losing a lot of coolant, just filled up yesterday fully and it is empty in the reservoir today, is still full in the cap near the radiator tho. after driving to work today, i got back into my car after 4 hours and the car was fogged up all around, which had never happened before and was almost icey on the windshield and took a long time to get rid of, just wondering what could be wrong

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
if you are suggesting your windows fogged up because of the coolant loss then you probably have a leaking heater core which is pumping coolant into the front passenger and drivers floor. Check if the carpet is wet ...
More likely the radiator just needs the air bleeding out.

vpcommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
i bled the air out of the radiator yesterday tho and topped it up till full so thats what got me stumped

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
As greenacc says, probably the heater core/matrix leaking.....it will spray out of tiny pinholes in the heater and/or drip down into the fan body and then steam up thru the demister vents over the windsreen and the feed into the car. This generally occurs when the car is parked after a run due to no fan to circulate the hot humid ait around the car. If you are using proper coolant and not tap water it should have a sickly smell.

J

jayderichards

mine fogs up the bottom of the windscreen glass after l've been to the car wash regardless of whether l have washed the engine bay or not