Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant temperature sensor replacement.

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
I only bought a V8 sensor 2 weeks ago, cost was $34.85. If I was you BlackVXGTS I would go back and buy heaps and sell them on Ebay!!

ineedatankfull

vs apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs berlina ecotec
can anyone help, my temp gauge stopped working after cleaning the plenum on my vs v6 my thermos still work i cant find anything ?

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Make sure the plug like vs_pete posted a pick of, is still connected. That's the sender for the gauge.

ineedatankfull

vs apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs berlina ecotec
the car throws up codes 22 47 48 nothing i have found relates them to temp sensor

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
its connected but the little pin the plug sits on is green
If the sensor connector is green from corrosion then you need to clean the corrosion from it. Corrosoin on the wiring connectors could also be causing the error codes you said your getting. Be sure to check the connectors to the cam angle and crank angle sensors, and also have a good close look at the DFI module connector pins.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
I recently got voltage to high on my sensor which was a tridon temp sensor and fortunately I kept my original sensor which was due to gauge issues so I put the original sensor back on cleared the errors and no mor problems ill be ordering another gmh sensor soon as back up

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Coolant temperature sensors can get deposits on them that insulate them from the true coolant temperature. It makes it think the engine is cold when it isn't. Therefore more fuel is used. You can pull them off the engine, clean them up with some emery paper where the coolant flows over it...but if they are pitted you throw them in the bin.

Last edited: