Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cops and p platers

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hokay - lighting for those who want to know about neons check out this document from Vicroads: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/99931A9A-6DD7-4CDA-8C84-92B6622B47E4/0/VSI10.pdf

In short..... White lights may only be visible from the front of the vehicle. (Except for reversing lights when reverse gear is engaged). Red lights may only be visible from the rear of the vehicle. Emergency vehicles are of course exempted. Read the whole document for the complete regulations.

Reaper

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Hokay - lighting for those who want to know about neons check out this document from Vicroads: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/99931A9A-6DD7-4CDA-8C84-92B6622B47E4/0/VSI10.pdf

In short..... White lights may only be visible from the front of the vehicle. (Except for reversing lights when reverse gear is engaged). Red lights may only be visible from the rear of the vehicle. Emergency vehicles are of course exempted. Read the whole document for the complete regulations.

Reaper

That's why I suggested having neons with the under carriage glow effect only, by not having the actual light globe itself visible.

I think that document also only really suggest the lights being projected to either front or rear. Neons are decorative lighting and not actually being projected in either direction.

You will all also notice that number plates lamps are to be white, not blue, purple or some other real gay colour that really makes it hard for me to read your plate while I tap it into the in-car terminal.