Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cops and p platers

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Heres one for you Viccop.

Security guard (in a manga wagon of all things) throws his flashing amber light on, and goes through a red light, then down the road turns it off.

I didn't think security guards had those kind of powers, even at midnight....

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Heres one for you Viccop.

Security guard (in a manga wagon of all things) throws his flashing amber light on, and goes through a red light, then down the road turns it off.

I didn't think security guards had those kind of powers, even at midnight....

You're correct.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Lol. I saw one of those mock up cop cars with their amber light bar flashing, driving like crazy.

I once saw one with a car pulled over. Either that or he just pulled in behind a suspicious looking vehicle with the light bar on.

Btw, Viccop I nearly killed one of your colleagues today. I was in the middle lane driving and someone about 800metres ahead of me was in the right lane and one of those semi-marked Silver cars with no light bars lit him up. They both moved across into the left lane and stopped, when the cop just pushed his drivers door wide open and jumped out. Just as I was passing him.

I had to jam on the anchors and swerve to avoid knocking of either the door or him. It was about a 40 year old guy and he didn't seem to be phased at all. I was suprised he jumped out of his car seconds after pulling this guy over. They usually sit in the car for what seems like an eternity before approaching the car.

It was Ferntree Gully Rd, just ahead of the freeway entrance in Glen Waverley.

Last edited:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol. I saw one of those mock up cop cars with their amber light bar flashing, driving like crazy.

I once saw one with a car pulled over. Either that or he just pulled in behind a suspicious looking vehicle with the light bar on.

Btw, Viccop I nearly killed one of your colleagues today. I was in the middle lane driving and someone about 800metres ahead of me was in the right lane and one of those semi-marked Silver cars with no light bars lit him up. They both moved across into the left lane and stopped, when the cop just pushed his drivers door wide open and jumped out. Just as I was passing him.

I had to jam on the anchors and swerve to avoid knocking of either the door or him. It was about a 40 year old guy and he didn't seem to be phased at all. I was suprised he jumped out of his car seconds after pulling this guy over. They usually sit in the car for what seems like an eternity before approaching the car.

It was Ferntree Gully Rd, just ahead of the freeway entrance in Glen Waverley.
Cops are people too, Not all of them are smart!

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Geez, I'm always extremely careful. Too many coppers have been killed that way.

That's why the coroner a long time recommended that we be wearing high vis gear when doing any sort of traffic duty.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
He wasn't wearing any hi-vis either.

Are the guys in those semi-marked cop cars TMU or GD's? I haven't seen that car around the area.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
He wasn't wearing any hi-vis either.

Are the guys in those semi-marked cop cars TMU or GD's? I haven't seen that car around the area.

I'm not 100% sure. There aren't any around my neck of the woods. I'm rather sure they're TMU.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Geez, I'm always extremely careful. Too many coppers have been killed that way.

That's why the coroner a long time recommended that we be wearing high vis gear when doing any sort of traffic duty.

I would've thought that'd be a given......

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
HAHAH those little security vehicles make me laugh.

There is one down my neck of the woods, and im pretty sure the officer/guard has some issues. Maybe he didnt make it into the police force, but he sure acts like it. He drives this little Toyota Echo with full amber American style light bar. I was once chased out of a shopping center car park after buying ice cream at midnight... Chased me down the street with those stupid lights on hahaha.

Speak of flashing lights VICCOP. I know that you cant have blue/red flashing lights on a car, under the emergency services act. But is there a regulation against amber beacons? like on tractors?
Iv got a 1950's car with those stupid trafficator indicators that stick out the side of the door. I have no hazard lights, if i brake down the indicators dont work. Can i carry a beacon in the boot and use it for brakedowns without getting fined?

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
As mentioned before, it's quite fine to have amber lights. That's how construction, security and tow trucks are able to have them.

There you go.

I also forgot to mention roadside assistance in that one.