Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cops on private property

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
Mixed bag with cops.. only ever been done for two little speeding fines and have been saved by cops a few times (but have had mates beaten up by em too! lol )

if they are rude, they should be shot, if they have a decent attitude when busting you for something it makes all the difference, nothing as bad as a wanky cop with a friggin attitude.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Here in Bundy they have a Patrol they use for a camera car. Thankfully it stands out like dogs knackers... :yeah:
As for the "sign" about "radar in use"...150 meters down the road? Can you honestly see them doing that anywhere? Come on....
The regulations say they have to only "display" a sign...and in every case I've ever seen it in QLD that means sitting on the footpath beside or even behind the camera car...well, it's "displayed" I suppose...it's just displayed where no-one can see it... :b:

Incidentally, my nephew who is a cop says he hates radar duty, as do most cops he knows. The main point is that in the old days, a radar cop would pull you up, and then maybe notice the booze on your breath, or that the car was unroadworthy/unregistered, or do a check and find out if it's stolen. Now, he says you sit in the van, and the camera goes off as teh car drives off into the distance, and he says running through his mind are things like "Why was he speeding I wonder? Is he drunk? Is the car stolen? Has he got a bootful of drugs? Did he just rob a service station down the road? Is it unregistered or unroadworthy? Is he unlicenced?"
To be blunt, he says, it isn't police work, it's money making. I was told that ver situation pissed off the South Australian cops some years back badly enough to almost refuse to do it, which caused the bringing in private contractors, who you just know would be all concerned about safety and not a profit motive...yeah right.... :b: :whistling

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I actually admire their slyness, some of the places they hide are pretty clever. And well if you aren't speeding theres nothing to worry about. Seen them hiding behind a big church sign on a main road near us. Was pretty funny seeing the bible verse sign then cops behind it.

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
Wombat said:
As for the "sign" about "radar in use"...150 meters down the road? Can you honestly see them doing that anywhere? Come on....
The regulations say they have to only "display" a sign...and in every case I've ever seen it in QLD that means sitting on the footpath beside or even behind the camera car...well, it's "displayed" I suppose...it's just displayed where no-one can see it
Yeah down where i come from (country south oz) the sign for speed cameras is always very obvious but placed about 150m down the road after the camera :w00t: (sly buggers, though as a local you knew that happened so you can tell the tourists cos you see them hit the skids when they see the sign) :yeah:

julie said:
I actually admire their slyness, some of the places they hide are pretty clever. And well if you aren't speeding theres nothing to worry about. Seen them hiding behind a big church sign on a main road near us. Was pretty funny seeing the bible verse sign then cops behind it.

What was it julie? something about submitting to earthly authorities for a little more irony

malscar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSv6
Here in Canb our cameras are in big white VW commercial vans. Sign on roof bars on top of van. However the camera can take photos out the back or front. This does catch people out as they believe vans only looking to rear. Not run by the AFP. The radars on the other hand can be on car or handheld without any warning.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
have to say if you dont speed then you wont have to worry about them...but recently did get done by a hand held so *shrug* guess it ends up being your own fault for speeding

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
I remember where I used to live, I was in villas and the cops used to park their Commodore on the very front villa's driveway (one that goes right onto the main road where the complex was). They were hidden to southbound traffic by a couple of shrubs and the southbound cars were going down a hill anyway (pretty slack). Anyway, their car was like 2-3 feet away from the front villa's actual garage door. THAT is trespassing isn't it?

R

rattattack1313

Was just on the phone to the local Police...again...lool..and he said they arent allowed inside peoples properties...so if they are inside the fence-line....you have every legal right to ask them to move off your land......