Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cpr6 Manifold Install Issues

duce9757

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ THUNDER 3.6
I bought a second hand cpr6 unit off a VE and changed the fitting to suit. But it didn't come with bolts or gaskets. my questions are
*Is the only difference between the vz/ve manifolds the fittings?
*What gaskets "throttle body and intake" am i suppose to use? Genuine or aftermarket
*What length bolts do i need?
I have sent multi-able emails and a few phone calls to performance manifolds but i can't get any reply, its been almost 2 months..
Any help would be great thanks

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I thought the CPR6 was from Mace?

Their website says 'Thanks to precision-machined mating surfaces, you're guaranteed proper fitment, right in place of the original manifold and using the factory bolts and hoses.'

The intake gasket should still be the OEM metal gaskets from Holden and you could just gasket sealant/maker from Auto parts store.

duce9757

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ THUNDER 3.6
The bolts are way too short, and www.performancemanifolds.com.au make the cpr6 manifold, mace just sells them.. mace informed me to contact performance manifolds to find order bolts and gaskets.. cheers

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
Hey duce9757,

"*Is the only difference between the vz/ve manifolds the fittings?"
The fittings should be the same, but the throttle body bolt pattern will be different between VZ and VE. Will likely need to drill and tap new holes to suit.

"*What gaskets "throttle body and intake" am i suppose to use? Genuine or aftermarket"
Standard profiled gaskets (stock or aftermarket) will be fine

"*What length bolts do i need?"
Off the top of my head some of them are around 200mm long. Worse case, you may have to buy some allthread and cut it down to size.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Steve

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
There a strange size bolt, my manifold spacers I bought second hand didn't come with bolts, cost me $30 odd for 4 longer bolts. I rand a few bolt shops before I found some long enough.

duce9757

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ THUNDER 3.6
Hey duce9757,

"*Is the only difference between the vz/ve manifolds the fittings?"
The fittings should be the same, but the throttle body bolt pattern will be different between VZ and VE. Will likely need to drill and tap new holes to suit.

"*What gaskets "throttle body and intake" am i suppose to use? Genuine or aftermarket"
Standard profiled gaskets (stock or aftermarket) will be fine

"*What length bolts do i need?"
Off the top of my head some of them are around 200mm long. Worse case, you may have to buy some allthread and cut it down to size.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Steve

Thank you very much for your help mace, i know where i'll be buying the rest of my performance parts from..

Par0666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6
What is the sensor that plugs into the back? My new cpr6 manifold doesn't have a hole to mount it but the manifold on my 2005 VZ Adventra does
Screenshot_20200724-170910_Gallery.jpg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That controls internal airflow. That is controlled by the ECM. You will have a head ache if you install a manifold that doesn’t have that feature. Can’t leave that unplugged.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Probably worth shooting an email to Mace or whoever you bought it from to ask.

Par0666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6
I read it bolts on the outside, there are 2 screws cast into the side of the plenum that line up with the mounting holes on the sensor