Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cpr6

timben90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 Acclaim
Hey guys,

Looking for recommendations to continue increasing the power in my VZ V6 Acclaim. Currently has CAI, 2.5" exhaust with hi-flows and Pacemaker Extractors.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
It does make power, but it only starts to have an effect above 4k rpm. Better to buy something else like tune or cams or FI

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
hgi are you still interested in cpr6s, i have a standard, modified manifold, that be cheaper on the budget and get you want you want..

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
cpr6 manifolds are a waste of money, not worth it for the shitty gains u get, you might as well put that money towards turbo or supercharging the car instead.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
cpr6 manifolds are a waste of money, not worth it for the shitty gains u get, you might as well put that money towards turbo or supercharging the car instead.

This makes me laugh coming from someone who tuned his alloytec ($1000+) and has done other mods, however I don't disagree.. Spending $2000 on a manifold for hardly any gains is crazy, so is a tune for no gains aswell, Put it towards maintaining your car and keeping it going, only those of us who have done it know you will need the money after you have finished modifying it.. To fix it of course

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hey guys,

Looking for recommendations to continue increasing the power in my VZ V6 Acclaim. Currently has CAI, 2.5" exhaust with hi-flows and Pacemaker Extractors.

Cheers

................. never mind.

Reaper

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
................. never mind.

Reaper

yes true,

if your looking to add power to an alloytec be careful, exhausts can either go really good or really terrible, epseciialy when you add cats and cat pipes.. Your not going to add too much power with small bolt on's but every bit helps.

I found increasing intake and exhaust helped, but discovered the best combination for my car was my moddified manifold, ported throttle body, lowered springs, 19" wheels, Pacemakers with Cat Pipes 2.5" , standard cats and a standard exhaust. IT ran a consistent 15.3, but i feel had more under the foot. The car was also manual so it could be a higher stall or anything to beat the time.

The alloytec seems to me, to be a locked up secret, and holden have hidden the key, my guess is in the tuning, but untill it can be enhanced i would wait on tuning. Its already expensive enough.

Consider all options first is my suggestion.