Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creating an AWD Monaro.

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
Great to see video.
Must feel great to be pulled around corners by front diff :)

Sure does, it really comes into its own at the S's at the end of the track. Feels like a sling shot launching you out of the corners.

looks like great fun, wish they had one of these in QLD.

Do some searches, clubs run hillclimbs quite often. They close the roads here in SA for some road based ones though out the year.

Very nice and i only just realized your in S.A as well. Never seen a Coupe 4 in S.A

3 Were sold new in SA, Mine was bought interstate, So there should be atleast 4. Come along to the Monaro Nationals in Tanunda, on 19th Oct. There are 3 entered in the Show N Shine. Should be a blast.

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
Any new pics?

Nothing has really changed on it since the original pics when I did the conversion.

Got home from the hillclimb and put her in the shed. Had to move it yesterday and there is a massive puddle of coolant under it. Start it up and drip drip drip. Looks like it has shat the water pump. So glad that it has happened now and not at the Nationals in 40 days time.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
could be a lot worse than a crapped out water pump!

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
Hell yeah.

While I was in there, we changed all the idler and aircon pulleys. Thought I might as well seeing it was all apart. Heading to the NT mid next year, so last thing I would want is one to fail out in the middle of no where. So it is all good now, she is back on the road.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Hell yeah.

While I was in there, we changed all the idler and aircon pulleys. Thought I might as well seeing it was all apart. Heading to the NT mid next year, so last thing I would want is one to fail out in the middle of no where. So it is all good now, she is back on the road.

*time to remove speed limiter ;)

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
*time to remove speed limiter ;)

We are hoping to get out to the unlimited section. But time will tell I guess. It is meant to be a couple of hundred K's north of Alice. So not sure how many of the crew will be keen to drive out that far.

Done 215 kph in the Monaro before the conversion, but only probably 180 since. I did hear something about the AWD cars being speed limited because of something about the speed of the front drive shafts spinning too quick.... or something like that. Anyways.. Because my car still thinks it is 2WD there is no speed limiter, so just have not been game to push it too hard. I am sure it will be fine, but you just never know.

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Very nice and i only just realized your in S.A as well. Never seen a Coupe 4 in S.A

I'm 99.99% certain I saw All Paw Monaro on Prospect near Coles a few months ago.... Only keen trainspotters can pick the slightly wider front track :)

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
Fair Chance. It lives around that area. LOL.

The other giveaway is the big arse AllPaw sticker on the back window.